Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 09:12 AM

Default under-rolled, but takin\' a shot

Been playing uNL on Stars for the last year. About a month and a half ago I moved up from .02/.05 to .05/.10. I had been running well at 5NL, and when I moved up I ran really well at 10NL. So even though I am currently under-rolled, I'm taking a shot at .10/.25.

I usually play around 17/8/3.5, playing simple, positionally aware, tight/aggressive ABC poker. I feel good about my game, and I feel that the mental/emotional part of my game is my best feature.

So far I've logged around 8 sessions of 25NL. Although I've got about a 50/50 win rate, I'm currently down about two buy-ins. While this hurts, I'm not crushed emotionally. I belive I have a skill advantage, and I belive I can continue to bring my A game to the table. Regardless, if I lose another buy-in I'm going to have to drop back down.

I was wondering if there were any particular adjustments or differences between 10NL & 25NL that you old pros were aware of? Will my regular game see me through all the way to 100NL, or will I need to start making adjustments before then?

Thanks for any input,

phy
Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: under-rolled, but takin\' a shot

If I hadn't just gone through an 8bi downswing I would think that was more than enough to play 25NL. 8bi's that is. That's my $.02
Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 PM

You'll see a few more regs and you won't lose as much to rake but there are no significant differences in difficulty.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Been playing uNL on Stars for the last year. About a month and a half ago I moved up from .02/.05 to .05/.10. I had been running well at 5NL, and when I moved up I ran really well at 10NL. So even though I am currently under-rolled, I'm taking a shot at .10/.25.

I usually play around 17/8/3.5, playing simple, positionally aware, tight/aggressive ABC poker. I feel good about my game, and I feel that the mental/emotional part of my game is my best feature.

So far I've logged around 8 sessions of 25NL. Although I've got about a 50/50 win rate, I'm currently down about two buy-ins. While this hurts, I'm not crushed emotionally. I belive I have a skill advantage, and I belive I can continue to bring my A game to the table. Regardless, if I lose another buy-in I'm going to have to drop back down.

I was wondering if there were any particular adjustments or differences between 10NL & 25NL that you old pros were aware of? Will my regular game see me through all the way to 100NL, or will I need to start making adjustments before then?

Thanks for any input,

phy

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I haven't played 10NL in over a year but 1 main thing between the different levels is that the average 25NL player is a little smarter than the 10NL player. I know this is obvious, but you won't get called down by middle pair at 25NL as often [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

As far as making adjustments to your "game" while moving up: You should always be adapting to the pla yof your opponents. Also, always playing 17/8/3.5 will allow you to be exploited - adapt to the table by loosening up against super LAGs and weak-tight nits and tightening up against solid TAGs, etc. I know this is all very general, but basically you need to remember that playing hands the same way each time you get them will make you exploitable eventually, so play 22/15 at some tables and 8/5 at others, etc.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:49 PM

If you can handle losing $25 all ins compaired $10 all ins in your own mind (you know the answere to this don't fool yourself if it will bother you.) then I say go for it.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:17 PM

inst this the dude who everyone has set to ignore?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
inst this the dude who everyone has set to ignore?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone has me set to ignore? News to me.

I'd like to ask you why you have me set to ignore, because I'd really like to know. But you have me set to ignore, so you'll never see my question....
Old 09-04-2007, 06:01 PM

no man i remember saying one time that me and LC are the only two people who havent ignored you. I dont ignore anyone, I can handle reading stupid posts better than others i suppose.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:06 PM

How is his post stupid?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:10 PM

Well, thanks I guess.

Do you have anything helpful to say?

I'm stupid? Why? What have I said that's stupid? How have I ignored the advice I've been offered? What "Cool it, dude" PM's have I ignored?

Seriously, this all seems like nothing more that a drive-by bitch-slap.