Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Four Idiots

I forgot about a fun hand I played in the 60 where I got berated by the winner of a pot after losing the hand.

CO opens, I 3bet A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on button fold to him he calls

Flop QT6 two clubs and he c/c

Turn 5 club check/check

River K he c/r

I mumble something about how nice it is for his AJ to get there because he had two outs so why wouldn't he get there before mucking face up. He gets steamy and says "it's so brutal? what are you talking about?" and gets all angry while showing me his QTo. I guess he was really upset that I completely outplayed him (not really, he just played his hand terrible as the case always is in this game) by putting in 0 bets on the turn and 1 on the river and not wasting my scarce dollars to pay him off once the deck slides the doom card off for me.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 PM

8-10 bets more I would say. And I had him covered.

Who's the moron now?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By and by I get into the 60-120. First time I get the button I raise first in with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Big blind calls and flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets, I raise, he calls. Turn comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he check-raises, I call. River comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Clever player that I am, I realize almost immediately that I have the nuts. So when he bets, I raise and when he 3-bets, I 4-bet. Now he 5-bets.

I have just gotten back from an overseas trip and I'm jetlagged. So, I re-check my hole cards and re-check the board. Yes, I still have the nuts. So here we go again: I 6-bet, he 7-bets, I 8-bet, he 9-bets.

Now I'm certain I must have misread either my hole cards or the board. So I re-recheck my hole cards and re-re-re-recheck the board. I still still have the nuts.

So here we got yet one more time. I 10-bet and he 11-bets.

Now I'm sure I'm not going to win the pot. Certainly the deck must be fouled and he has 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], that's the only hand that makes any sense. So, clever player that I am, I call his 11-bet [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

He proudly tables K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I sheepishly table my winning hand. As the table gasps in horror, he rips off his dark sunglasses and screams that he thought the ace of spades was on the board. As I'm shoveling the chips in, a couple of players ask me why I stopped raising to which I reply, truthfully, that I'm an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've experienced pretty much the exact same thing in the 100/200 there. every reraise after about the 5th bet i had to keep rechecking my cards to make sure i had the nuts, because there was no way the dude was raising without the nuts. he was LAG but he wasn't that stupid. he asked me if i wanted to go all in and i didn't really know what to do, i knew i had the nuts, but what if i didn't have the nuts? and can we even agree to go all in according to the rules? so i ignored his question and raised again and eventually he called after 11 or 12 bets.

it's such a weird feeling when you have the nuts and you know your opponent couldn't possibly be raising you wihtout the nuts. you know one of you has misread your hand. you have to remember though, you're smarter than the donkey you're playing against, so it's more likely that he's the one who misread his hand. you gotta keep reraising without giving away the fact that you have the nuts by checking your hand after every raise.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(Though CDC has recently convinced me of the hilarious merits of wearing shades at the table).

[/ QUOTE ]

care to expand on that?

i wear sunglasses at the table cuz its just too darn fun to wear sunglasses at the table.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i've experienced pretty much the exact same thing in the 100/200 there. every reraise after about the 5th bet i had to keep rechecking my cards to make sure i had the nuts, because there was no way the dude was raising without the nuts. he was LAG but he wasn't that stupid. he asked me if i wanted to go all in and i didn't really know what to do, i knew i had the nuts, but what if i didn't have the nuts? and can we even agree to go all in according to the rules? so i ignored his question and raised again and eventually he called after 11 or 12 bets.

it's such a weird feeling when you have the nuts and you know your opponent couldn't possibly be raising you wihtout the nuts. you know one of you has misread your hand. you have to remember though, you're smarter than the donkey you're playing against, so it's more likely that he's the one who misread his hand. you gotta keep reraising without giving away the fact that you have the nuts by checking your hand after every raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if it applies here, but it could be a cause. I put in three sessions at the same place(Commerce) this weekend and its the first time I've put three back to back sessions together in Los Angeles in a LONG time. So I really hadn't noticed the timing of other players all that much Anyway, each night, I saw some of the same players there in the same clothes as the previous night. Some had moved up from the $20-40 to the $40-80 and I assume its possible they move even higher. I hafta figure that after 24 or more hours of poker, people tend to lose it to some degree.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(Though CDC has recently convinced me of the hilarious merits of wearing shades at the table).

[/ QUOTE ]

care to expand on that?

i wear sunglasses at the table cuz its just too darn fun to wear sunglasses at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
his idea was basically it can only help your table image because most people will assume you're an idiot for wearing them at a limit table.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 AM

Live Poker is the coolest
cp 30-60

a wierd trucker hillbilly guy basically teleports his way into the seat next to me as i fail to notice he and his 450lbs of retard slide in at arond 3:30 am. He buys in for 400 and runs it up to 2300 immediatly. The table smells blood

hero raises Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG
retarded fat trucker (rft) 3 bets, i 4, he 5, i call

flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
i c/r, he 3 bets, i call

turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
i c/r, he 3, i 4, and we proceed to raise back and forth until we have 19 bets in the pot and i am felted

RFT has the old AA and i become on of the first players at canterbury to successfully double up for over 1k.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] poker
Old 10-23-2007, 11:02 AM

I was in seat 7 and I craned my neck at least twice, maybe three times, to recheck the board. If I was him, I would have put me on a straight flush; but since he missed which ace was on the board, he likely didn't see the straight flush possibility either.

It was a weird feeling.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:03 AM

I'm not sure how long he'd been playing, but I do admit I felt winded from the jetlag.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:28 PM

amazing. I've never seen this happen. Can you share what the rft says and looks like after losing 19 bets on one street?
Closed Thread