Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 11:36 PM

Default audio quality question

Several of the NL forums have "do it yourself" videos of the forum regulars playing and narrating sessions. One of the things I've noticed that is common in these videos is that the video and audio quickly become out of sync, and eventually the frame rate of the video drops to around .1125 FPS so you can't even follow the action at the table.

I fully plan to subscribe to a video coaching web site by the end of this year. However, I'm concerned that the videos from the pay sites will have similar issues.

When it comes to free videos posted by regulars in an open forum, well, I expect that I'll get what I pay for. My question is if I'm paying $X.00/mo on a pay site, will I get what I pay for?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: audio quality question

phy,

From the perspective of a site who provides these videos, yes, you will get what you pay for, and it's guaranteed. We have some demo videos up on DeucesCracked.com for you to check it out -- but the basic answer is that most do it yourself videos don't use the right recording software, or more frequently are re-compressed with Youtube or Myspace videos, and this often causes syncing issues.

I'm an owner of DeucesCracked.com and a member of Stoxpoker, I have yet to see a video that has had the sort of syncing issues that you describe. If there were specific issues with your computer and the videos, all of us would be happy to work with you to figure out what the issue is.

That said, I'm reasonably certain that the issues you've seen before have been because the videos have been DIY and haven't had much quality control, and that you'd be getting your money's worth from any of the sites that provide video instructional content. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PM me if you have any questions.

thanks,
Rob (Entity)
DeucesCracked Team