Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Meh

No stats on villain. Hes made some strange plays like raising a Q97 flop vs a donk and taking the free card with A6.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.67SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.83BB, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.83BB, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>,
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Meh

This is good. Its not like he is checking a pair higher than ours after we call. And if he is slowplay then whatever. He is gonna have A high more often than not.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 AM

It's fine imo. CO don't stop donking with a T or J on the turn and you can fold to a c/r. On the river CO calls with 8X, AK, AQ maybe a pp, it looks enough .
Old 11-06-2007, 01:44 AM

you get called by enough lower pkt pairs and UI A-high to make this profitable. good river bet.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:16 AM

I like the Turn bet.

I hate the River bet.

There are not many flop donking hands you beat at this point that he will call with. AK, AQ, and KQ are about it and KQ is the only very likely one in the bunch.(No PF cap, 2 UI overs isn't in the likeliest category of donking, especially having not fired on the Turn.)

There are a decent amount of Flop donking hands that call the bet and beat you. Not to mention that this is decent hand a good portion of the time and you will get CR'd.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hes made some strange plays like raising a Q97 flop vs a donk and taking the free card with A6.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet the river.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Turn bet.

I hate the River bet.

There are not many flop donking hands you beat at this point that he will call with. AK, AQ, and KQ are about it and KQ is the only very likely one in the bunch.(No PF cap, 2 UI overs isn't in the likeliest category of donking, especially having not fired on the Turn.)

There are a decent amount of Flop donking hands that call the bet and beat you. Not to mention that this is decent hand a good portion of the time and you will get CR'd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not flop donking hands we are concerned with its "flop donkers." I.e. this guys flop donking range is very wide.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the Turn bet.

I hate the River bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not flop donking hands we are concerned with its "flop donkers." I.e. this guys flop donking range is very wide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am aware of this, but "Flop Donkers" have hands they like to "Donk Flops" with as opposed to "Check-Raising"

Where in the OP does it state how often villain likes to donk the flop?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 AM

His initial read lead me to believe that this was the flop donking type. Regardless, he cant have too much here. The donk flop, cc turn, cr line is not one I have seen often with a flopped monster so it is more likely an underpair or AK. I dont mind losing to the T, but I think he would bet that on the turn also.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His initial read lead me to believe that this was the flop donking type. Regardless, he cant have too much here. The donk flop, cc turn, cr line is not one I have seen often with a flopped monster so it is more likely an underpair or AK. I dont mind losing to the T, but I think he would bet that on the turn also.

[/ QUOTE ]

This play screams 4x(possibly A4s) or AT,KT,QT to me.

What it doesn't scream is 22-77, at least not so loud that I think it far outweighs the hands that beat us.