Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: OOT, What is your life situation?

Occupation: Poker ($33-$109 SNG with some 100 NL mixed in every once in a while), Music (Sing/Play Guitar in cover bands around Dallas), Website Developer (just getting started trying to monetize a few different site ideas)

Married for just over 3 months (been living with her almost 4 years, together for almost 7), own a home together

Yes, very happy with my life...not how I necessarily "planned" it when I was 18, but it's going extremely well.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:17 PM

Age-42
Occupation Indutrial Lighting Slaes
Family Just a pooch and no prospects pooch getting old too
-Would you say you're happy with where you are?
No not really Good days but more bad than good. Working on improving that

Poker rec 5/10 or 8/16 Finally a winning player .16 bb
Old 10-24-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Occupation (If poker, please list stakes)
-Family? (GF/Wife . . kids)
-Would you say you're happy with where you are?

[/ QUOTE ]
- 40 next month
- Software - I finally got out of semiconductor earlier this year...slowly learning a new industry.
I've played mostly 3-6 recreationally online for a loooooong time. Time spent has been greatly reduced since I met my wife (this is a good thing).
- Married a little over a year, no kids
- She's a golf nut, we like to travel, it's been a blast. The only complaint I have at this time is that I've injured my shoulder playing golf. I'm reluctant to get it looked at...maybe over the winter.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:32 PM

Attorney (now in-house)
Married, one little kid
Very happy
Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 PM

-Starting back at my old company in a new roll that is basically traveling around implementing some things a friend and I developed for them. First day is next Thursday. Also do some small time database stuff and trying to put a third thing together. Taking the GMAT next Saturday and looking to start b-school full time next fall.
-Single
-Not as happy as I've ever been, but a fuckton happier than I was a month or two ago.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:47 PM

These threads are cool. Really interesting.

-Occupation: student. currently in London for my junior year abroad. For poker, I currently play NL25-50, NL100 HU, $6-$16 sngos, pretty much whatever I feel like. I have way too much poker money for the limits I currently play, but I've never really tried to move up and I'm scared to try. Don't really like playing poker.

-Family: single.

-Happy? Ya sure. I'm sorta stressed out about school right now, but it should all work out and I'll have a degree that should look good on a resume. I'm currently learning Thai because I might want to do graduate work and/or live in Thailand. I'm happy with that and the fact that I can watch episodes of Pinky and the Brain on my computer.

My plan was similar to XXXNoahXXX in that I wanted to make a ton of money then work for a charity or just travel. Two potential problems that I see:
1. What is a "ton" of money?
2. Amassing money might adversely affect me. When I was doing really well in poker I bought the most pointless [censored] and my general attitude toward money was not what I'd like it to be. I don't want to make a lot of money if it will cause me to want to buy a huge house or a sick car.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to make a lot of money if it will cause me to want to buy a huge house or a sick car.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, 'cause that would really suck. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 05:13 PM

Job: Full Time student. Probably gonna get a part time job during second semester
Family: single
Happy: I am enjoying college very much and feel very independent. I see many opportunities after college and have to choose between grad school or working after four years.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:19 PM

Student/ Live $1/$2NL or $2/$5NL/ Home Depot part time job
Single, no GF in past 3 years
Not happy at all at the moment
Old 10-24-2007, 05:26 PM

- 20 years old
- Currently living on my own and working full time with the local municipal school district doing tech work. The pay is very good and the job is very slack. Perfect for me.
- Working towards a tech diploma
- I play 200nl, and looking to go as far as I can with poker. Ideally I'd play it full time, but who knows. For now it's just side income, so I can indulge in my balla ways.
- I have a girlfriend who is smoking hot, however she's in high school. It's a brag and a beat...a breat i guess.

I'm very happy with my life, however I don't think I'm the kind of person who can work 9-5 for my entire life...and even right now, just making it through school is difficult. Not because I'm stupid, but because I just hate it and I have no motivation to finish.

In any case, I'm fully confident I'll succeed in life somehow, I'm just not sure on the details yet.