Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 AM

Default QQ line check....

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $40.85
BB: $25.00
UTG: $36.40
MP: $28.10
Hero (CO): $52.85
BTN: $26.75

Reads: <font color="blue">Only have 48 hands vs villain - 35/8/2.5

Haven't seen him/her get out of line....

Easy fold? </font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, BTN calls $2.75, 2 folds, MP calls $2.00

Flop: ($8.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $6.00</font>

Hero???

The fact that he's betting into two players including the preflop reraiser makes this decision fairly easy in my mind but I wanted to check. I feel like I'm seeing KK and AA here a ton as well as a small chance of a boat or quads. But then again he could have 77-JJ as well.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: QQ line check....

I might be alone with that opinion, but I don't think it's that easy. There are a lot of overpairs he could have lower than yours, and would it be too out of line to bet them? On top of that, wouldn't most people 4bet KK/AA preflop, especially if it's going to be multiway otherwise?
I very well could be wrong here, but I'd assume the hands you beat to be more likely the way this played out than AA/KK, with the exception of 66 - and even in that case I think 66 would go for the checkraise with two more players behind him.

If it's just about MP, I'd probably call here, though I definitely see a point in folding and why it might be the right choice. So the question would be for me, what read/stats do you have on the button?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 AM

uhm, don't fold? I can see benefits to both raising and calling. Calling, since its likely you are WA/WB against bettor and you get to see what btn do rather cheap. Raising is sweet, because you'll probably get most action from a lower overpair that way.

I prefer a call, though. Mostly because button is behind you.

Dumle
Old 08-16-2007, 11:08 AM

Button was a NIT - 17/10/1.3