Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 06:49 AM

Default flopped flush, how is my play?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $23.75
BB: $37.20
UTG: $42.65
CO: $12.95
BTN: $8.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($0.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.75

Turn: ($3) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB calls $3.00, BTN folds

River: ($10.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, BB calls $4.50

Pot Size: $19.50 ($0.95 Rake)
Old 09-29-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: flopped flush, how is my play?

I would lead flop.
As played I would 3bet flop.
As played I think the rest is fine.

The odds of somebody having a flush if you hold a flush are pretty high, so you dont really need to worry about it without a great read. On the flop you most likely have the best hand but you don't want Ah or Qh getting a cheap free card, thats why you need some more agression.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:15 AM

whoa..
its probably in your best interest to rr flop and and be pretty happy if everyone folds...some bad things can happen on turn when you check/call multi way flop i.e. a 4th heart drops, killing any action (that you no longer want) and left wondering if your 6 high flush is still good. RR flop all day long and you will save yourself some tough decisions on later streets. At least lead strongly when blank hits turn, or you risk everyone checking behind and letting someone see yet another potentially crappy card for free. What happens when they check behind and a heart falls on river? Are you going to lead into to people with a 6 high flush? Or check and call a big bet only to see someone turn over any crappy old heart? In a multiway pot a flopped flush with little cards is a weak made hand and should be treated accordingly. Play it strong and fast.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:12 AM

If I'm checking the flop, it's because I am going to raise. I'd probably lead though tbh, I'd hate to see a heart on the turn.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:25 AM

I lead the flop - no reason to believe anyone bets this scary board and you have to protect your hand: you don't want to see a heart turn or a paired turn. After the check you should c/r ...
Lead turn his bet on the flop could be a steal-/probe-bet and his turn bet is not for sure. C/r afterwards is good.
I lead river for more $$ if he has a hand (TP or better) he'll call more. If he has no hand he won't call your small bet anyway.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:34 AM

I don't like to lose pots I should have won with proper betting. If I was you, I'd check raise the flop to pot, and make the guy pay for his draw. If he has top pair with Ah, you can certain this guy is willing to play for the ride hes going on. Check raise flop and bet pot on turn. If no heart falls on river you must use your judgment in terms of what kind of player he is to determine the right bet on the river that he will call.

Also, depending on your table image, if you play the hand very quickly (and you've been caught in a bluff recently) you might get him to play back at you BUT this situation will only occur if you play strong and fast. GL
Old 09-29-2007, 12:14 PM

take it down one way or another on the flop.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 PM

Checking or betting this flop are both fine but obv if we check it is to c/r

Turn I prob make it 4

River i pot it
Old 09-29-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking or betting this flop are both fine but obv if we check it is to c/r

Turn I prob make it 4

River i pot it

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river, your hand is either destroyed or safe. Why would you pot it unless you have a reason to believe that the villlain makes huge overcalls on river. BET For value..
Old 09-29-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
take it down one way or another on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is sub optimal. we want to give others incorrect odds to draw and for them to call. DUCY?