Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Advice needed from Micro dudes

Well, it looks like the salad days are ending, and I'm sure that many of you are making plans for how you'll deal with this. I'm doing the same.

I only had money in one site when this all went down, Pokerstars. I cashed most out, but left $50 in. I've got 450 FPP or so, and need to get another 300-400 FPP to finish off all my bonus (150 to get $120; 300 to get 60 or something). So, not knowing what will happen with Stars, how should I proceed?

I play at .25/.50, and the bonus clears very slow here. So, do I grind out as many as I can at this level with a short BR; or take a shot at .50/1 with a REALLY short BR and clear it fast? FWIW, I've been +3.8BB/100 over ~20K hands at .25/.50.

I realize there's no "right" answer here, but there are lots of opinions here I respect, so fire away.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Advice needed from Micro dudes

OTB-

In my experience even the .5/1 doesn't really clear bonii very fast so at that level variance could negate the bonus. I would stick with the .25/50 with a roll so small. Good luck bro!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, there's no need to jump ship from PS quite yet. Until I hear word from them that they plan to close US accounts (like Party did, and I moved my $ out of there lickity-split), I wouldn't go and uproot yet.

In the meantime, just stay at .25/.50. Bonuses don't clear that fast at .50/1 either (where I'm at), so stay with the sure thing so you don't bust.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:20 PM

A $50 br would be too tough to take a shot at 0.50/1, I would stick with 0.25/0.50, maybe play a bit of 0.10/0.20 on really short tables, eg either sit down at an empty table ala Grunchcan/Wookie style, or jump on a table with 1-2 players, make a few BB then repeat.

IMO I would try to build a roll about $150-$200 before hitting 0.50/1.00, given your 0.25/0.50 wr you whould be fine at that limit but $50 is not a great buffer..

Good Luck with it OTB.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:31 PM

I've got dough on three sites right now. I've cashed out all extraneous roll, but left on at least $300 in all of them. I've got bonii to clear. Once those are cleared, hopefully I'll have more information on what is my correct move.

I'm going to start working on my NL game because if I do end up pulling out in the future, that's what I'll find in most local rooms. Not sure I enjoy it though as I played it last night, ran well and was confident, then called a $40 all in bet knowing full well I was beaten. What the hell made me hit call. Boredom? Anywho, that's a discipline thing and I needed to quit earlier because I could feel I wasn't playing my best after 2 hours.

I love NL tournies so I'm going to give it more time.

Don't leave yet OTB. Don't go busto either.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:38 PM

I'm not panicing. I will WD Party pretty soon based on their news release but my guess is they would send me a check anytime, even after the law takes effect. The other sites I play are UB, Stars, Paradise. I not hurrying to WD at these. I am taking a wait and see attitude regarding the actual effect of the law, the responses of the sites etc. I expect much clarification to ensue and perceive minimal risk to my deposits by waiting.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:39 PM

All,

I'm not leaving, no danger of that. I just pulled it to be "safe rather than sorry". I did cash out about half my roll to buy a bike recently, but I am not quitting. I just wanted to see what the best thing to do with this last $50 was. I fully intend to keep playing, on FTP or Absolute or something if Stars announces a ban on US players. The money I pulled is in my "poker account" and is staying there. I could never consider quitting!

I've been contemplating moving up to .50/1, and considering a lame "should I move up" post when all this went down. Either that or giving NL a shot. Kind of bad timing, I guess. I guess I was kind of thinking of looking at this as a "50 BB Challenge" type of thing, but at the same time didn't want to lose the bonus I have been working on clearing by bustoing then not being able to reload.

One more question...I know it's in the Zoo or something, but wading through there has been a chore. If Stars pulls a "Party", does that mean no more games after a certain time for US players, or just no more deposits? IE, will what you have on Stars still be available for play/cashout after the date this kicks in? Meaning, what happens if I don't clear the bonus before that date?
Old 10-03-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my guess is they would send me a check anytime, even after the law takes effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be real sure about that...you might want to consider WD'ing (at least some) to neteller just to be safe.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my guess is they would send me a check anytime, even after the law takes effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be real sure about that...you might want to consider WD'ing (at least some) to neteller just to be safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you don't think these sites will be burning bridges just because they can. What happens when/if the law changes in the future? You think Party or Stars will risk their reps w/non U.S. players by pulling some shenanigans? The law doesn't say anything about taking money off the sites does it? MikeO posted in the zoo that players would still be able to cash out after Party shut out U.S. players.
link