Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Why aren't I the voluptuous black lady?
Because I'm a douche 31 26.27%
Because I'm stupid 24 20.34%
Because I don't like +EV 63 53.39%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: FutureDoc, Look inside.....[CENSORED] THREAD! [CENSORED] THREAD!

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm looking for serious answers here, don't take this as me just whining.

How do you guys deal with all the BS in STTs. I'm not talking about bad beats I'm talking about coolers, specifically when its HU-5 handed play when you just consistently lose 60/40s or HU when you have to get it all in and are just dominated everytime.

I'm really just looking for some ideas to try. I'm having a horrible week of just not winning and its driving me insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I think coolers/bad runs/negative variance is starting to effect my play, I take time away from playing and spend more time analyzing my play, and the play of my opponents and concentrate on improving my game.

You should always be doing this, but I can usually find something to improve on, posting hands and getting others input can also restore confidence, and it keeps me away from the table when I might not be playing my best.

It accomplishes two things, either I can logically look at the math and realize I'm going to win long term, or I find leaks. Usually it's a little of both.

I added looking at others people's play, because at times people have pinned me as predictable and are exploiting my game.