Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 12:55 PM

Default What do you bring to work for lunch?

I know these threads are kinda lame, but this could really help me out.

I bring sandwiches every day and a piece of fruit, and I really need some other options. Also, if you bring a sandwich, what kind of stuff do you put on it? I feel like I just make boring sandwiches...I try to invest in a good cheese, but in the end all I taste is the bread.

K so thanks in advance for any cool things you do...it'll definitely help me get through the day (I can't really go out to eat b/c I trade all day and I want to save money).
Old 11-01-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: What do you bring to work for lunch?

i bring anything that i normally eat in for lunch. what did you have for dinner last night? dump it into tupperware and its a lunch!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you bring to work for lunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Money.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM

I don't know what alternatives there are to "boring sandwiches", leftovers, or microwaving something. Not attractive. I'll go light on breakfast and/or dinner, but lunch and the lunch break itself is one thing that's not negotiable. I like a good, freshly prepared meal.

BTW, it's come to my attention that a lot of large companies have a "no eating at desk" policy, presumably only for prepared foods. Kinda lame but I can see why.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:06 PM

ya i guess i could just reheat leftovers...that kinda sucks though.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, it's come to my attention that a lot of large companies have a "no eating at desk" policy, presumably only for prepared foods. Kinda lame but I can see why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, most of the places I've been interviewing seem to have an "eat every meal at your desk" policy.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, most of the places I've been interviewing seem to have an "eat every meal at your desk" policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya ppl eat at their desks while they trade here. but lots of them either get someone to go get them food or they eat stuff like ramen noodles. dunno, it seems to me that it's impossible to have a good lunch at work unless you order out from a restaurant.

and a good lunch is important for getting through the day.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:18 PM

Well I guess it's the aroma of certain foods that wafts over cube farms and created objections from paper-pushers that it was invading their "space". I mean I get that, but the solution is to be important enough to have an office or don't work for The Man in the first place.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 PM

What you need to do is vist a deli in the area and buy some meat, vist an upscale grocery store for different kinds of cheeses, and go to a bakery for different kinds of bread. And mix it up each day. I know the feeling that you have about sandwiches being bland, and just tasting the bread. Have you tried different kinds of bread? And I don't mean the cheap crap at a chain store. Another small tip would be not to assemble the sandwich til you are about to eat. That way you can heat up the meat if you want, the bread is fresh and not soggy, the mayo or mustard isn't nasty at that point, and it only takes a minute to build your sandwich at work.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you need to do is vist a deli in the area and buy some meat, vist an upscale grocery store for different kinds of cheeses, and go to a bakery for different kinds of bread. And mix it up each day. I know the feeling that you have about sandwiches being bland, and just tasting the bread. Have you tried different kinds of bread? And I don't mean the cheap crap at a chain store. Another small tip would be not to assemble the sandwich til you are about to eat. That way you can heat up the meat if you want, the bread is fresh and not soggy, the mayo or mustard isn't nasty at that point, and it only takes a minute to build your sandwich at work.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is definitely the best advice if you want to eat sandwiches at work.
I also don't think its not that much more expensive to go and get somnething from a restaurant, if you already buy the more expensive bread, meat and cheese.