[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm lost ... who's the fish here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Button takes 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops! Thanks for that bit of pertinent info.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: 5CD - fish alert (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the monster raise postdraw? Not so sure that was such a good play. He's only going to call that huge bet if he lucked into something huge. Just call it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like others' opinions of my post-draw re-raise. Check raising with high-trips against someone who drew 4... generally there is value in this correct?

Assuming that you'll get paid off by 2-pair hands, and maybe even AA and KK.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's with the monster raise postdraw? Not so sure that was such a good play. He's only going to call that huge bet if he lucked into something huge. Just call it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like others' opinions of my post-draw re-raise. Check raising with high-trips against someone who drew 4... generally there is value in this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so sure how you can say there is value in check-raising into weakness. More than likely, he's going to check behind unless he's caught a monster, which he did. That's lose-lose for you.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of his play pre-drop, I do think you are in one of those situations where you're only called by hands that beat you. (typically).

For a hand that's likely good but vulnerable, I think you still want to exercise pot control.

In the cashgames I've been balancing between valuebetting decent hands (that I would fold to a reraise) and checkcalling either because I have showdown value or to induce bets against players who will bet if checked to but fold if you bet into them.

Though I recognize you are such a predominant favorite preflop, you still only get called on the reraise by monsters.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do a lot of checkraising in draw. Generally, I think checkraising is best used in this game when you catch a fluke draw and make a huge hand that the villain will have a hard time putting on you when you know he started with a strong hand, rather than checkraising when you have already indicated before the swap that you have strength.

Also, the tards who automatically bet with any hand when checked to after the swap are great people to checkraise.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the tards who automatically bet with any hand when checked to after the swap are great people to checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is precisely my thinking on this hand... someone who draws 4 for most of his chips can certainly be classfied as a tard, and I would guess he is most likely going to bet when checked to.