Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 08-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Default 200 bb deep turn ranges -- nl cash

been playing for half an hour. we've both started playing with about the same level of aggression. he's gotten more aggressive, and i've backed down a bit in the past half hour.

when i've raised the button preflop and checked the flop, he's led the turn 3/4 times. i raised one of the three, and he folded.

3/6 nl
1200 effective

i raise to 18 otb. he calls.

flop (36)
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
he checks. i check.

turn (36)
7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
he leads for pot. i raise to 120. he repops to 380 (there will be about a psb on the river).

what range of cards do you expect him to do this with?

what range should i be shoving against a relative unknown?

if you elect to call, what type of river should scare him the most --

a)board pairing
b)diamond
c)9,6, or 4?

and lastly if a, b, or c come and he checks, people think a push is profitable as a bluff?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: 200 bb deep turn ranges -- nl cash

Whyd you check 96 or 64 on the flop? If your raise is a bluff or semi-bluff this doesnt make much sense either IMO. If you decided to check the flop to randomize your play with some diamond draw I think this play is much better suited when your not 200bb deep. While I think your hand should be very strong here you are definitely FPS'ing yourself if you can represent this to a villain. I dont think Id ever be cold calling in this spot because villain either has something like a set (which Im assuming he will never fold), a draw and occasionally a bluff (depends on how deep he is thinking, your range is merged so you could increase the probability of a bluff if he is a good thinker) so I like a raise or fold, assuming villain will fire again is a HUGE assumption IMO and I would never attempt this unless I thought he was on hyper tilt.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:25 PM

My thoughts are that your line looks v strong, especially if he's been the slightly more aggressive player. So he likely has something powerful to go to war with and is willing to felt it. How often do you really think he's checking the river with one of his made hands here and folding to your shove? I don't like your chances to bluff, or your chances to be ahead without a v good hand (set/str8).

Also, I really don't think I check that flop behind very often and then raise the turn without like at worst AK there. Which I'd end up folding on the turn likely.

Yugoslav
Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 PM

I think here you want to assume he has a good hand, say 55,77,88,K7,K8,96,64..maybe KK-AA?. Then figure how many rivers he will autopush and how many he might chk/fold within that range and adjust accordingly.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:18 PM

Would expect you to play a hand on this draw-y board very straightforwardly and to semibluff most draws this deep. Would expect you to bet diamonds ~100%. Probably the gutter straight draws too.

So that would suggest you holding a hand that was helped by the turn, something two pair-y, set of 7s, 65. If I'm you I'm only shoving that set of 7s and am probably reluctantly mucking the low 2p hands.

Given that read, if I'm him I'm most worried about a board pair. It's also possible that a board pair will counterfeit his hand. Any of the above are decent bluff cards.