Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-28-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: I BLUFF YOU

[ QUOTE ]
(i think i should have 4 bet fwiw).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had 4-bet pf it would probably be a little easier to sell this semi-bluff. If I were the villain, I know that a TAG will very often 4-bet JJ+,AK, and maybe more. Here I would mainly be worried about KQ,TT-88, with 88,KQo not in every TAG's opening range UTG.

As the hand was played, Villain has effective odds of over 4:1 to call this down. If I were the villain in this hand, I would not lay down any Ace or PP 77+.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:56 AM

you're all missing the point.

kit should check/call down when that turn card comes and it's not close.

villain is a NL player. they love reraising a few types of hands pf when they're laggin it up with position: suited connectors(67s, 86s, 9Ts, JTs etc.), pp's(i've seen as low as 22+. the number of strong pp combos given this board are pretty limited. first, we hold an AQ so that limits the combos of AA and QQ. he rarely has KK, since two of them are accounted for and the same goes for 77. there are some connector hands that hit here, but most of them DON'T. so pp's that beat us are 88, 99, TT, JJ most often. but we beat 44, 55, and 66, so that's close to a wash. given the pot size and the fact that he gets so lag with position i'm at least calling down and let him keep firing with his JT or whatever.

when you "bluff" checkraise this turn, it's not purely a bluff because some significant amount of the time i'm pretty sure you have the best hand.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 PM

i'm not bluffing, i'm letting him bluff

c/c