Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: 15/30 deep bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i dont know anything about the villain but i'm really snap calling K high here. i hate it when ppl say that when a bluff hand is posted but i'm legit, i really mean it, etc etc etc. this bluff sucks. sorry man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Example of this type of call plz or I call shenanigans!

[/ QUOTE ]
hahaha! she has Q high calls up the wazoo...
Old 11-28-2007, 01:26 AM

i dont hate this as much as everyone else does, but i am struggling to see what he is betting on the turn and then calling and then will fold the river.

maybe like Jxss?

although the river card does suck because your hands like A2 dont shove anymore and its harder for you to have the 3
Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 PM

wow i don't like this hand. preflop just jack it or fold. flop's ok but with that many opponents you're likely to run into an ace. i much prefer reraise preflop bet flop. turn checkraise no strong feelings as it is so opponent-dependent (or here game-dependent since you don't know your opponents).

on the river i don't like the bluff but think it's only marginal and not bad. if your opponents are on the tighter side postflop it's pretty close.

duck what do you think his success rate will be against an average player?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:17 PM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years

id much rather bet turn bet river than do this. I cant think of any legitimate hand you would lead flop into 4 players then checkraise someone you have no history with on an AJ23 flush draw board. if you had like top and bottom on the flop, i really really really doubt this deep you ever c/r the turn. I think your bluff is much more hoping that he isnt strong enough to call rather than repping anything yourself and that can get you in a lot of trouble against someone you are unfamiliar with.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:20 PM

kinda reminds me a hand i played against some euro the other day.

i open A8 hu 50/1 with 150bb stacks he calls. flop AK6r he cr pot. turn 2 he pots riv AK626 he shoves. wtfwtwfwtwfw how coudl anyone be dumb enough to bluff hereh327ghrf23f9h. i still call of course and he flips 54s. there is a reason no one bluffs here bc you get called every time
Old 11-26-2007, 04:28 PM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years

i think you should have a segment in each thread called "coles corner" where you take the opening post, relate a hand of your own, draw a conclusion, and then we are all a little better off than we were yesterday. actually im copyrighting "coles corner" right now.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should have a segment in each thread called "coles corner" where you take the opening post, relate a hand of your own, draw a conclusion, and then we are all a little better off than we were yesterday. actually im copyrighting "coles corner" right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a great idea.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:19 PM

I love how you justify your preflop call.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:56 PM

Your image at the table seemed to be pretty poor at the time, with you getting caught bluffing medium/big a few times and generally racing around the table, so I hated the play. As it turned out, this guy was a bit of a postflop calling station too, (you may not have known yet), but cmon, king, you can't try to force over EVERY pot. Your hand plays SO much better RR'd pre than doing this at the deep tables, and your flop play looks exactly like what it is. methinks you were tilting more than a bit at the time.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your image at the table seemed to be pretty poor at the time, with you getting caught bluffing medium/big a few times and generally racing around the table, so I hated the play. As it turned out, this guy was a bit of a postflop calling station too, (you may not have known yet), but cmon, king, you can't try to force over EVERY pot. Your hand plays SO much better RR'd pre than doing this at the deep tables, and your flop play looks exactly like what it is. methinks you were tilting more than a bit at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a bad play but it had little to do with tilt, and why wouldn't I generally try to run over a lineup this weak? samh was the only guy I knew and he's a nit.

it was more like, leading sucks because he's gonna call me with everything he called on the flop, check folding sucks, check calling really sucks, so wth, process of elimination I'll c/r. river was a panic shove and pretty inexcusable I admit