Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Attempted \"robbery\" at Isle of Capri LA

Just had my bachelors party trip to Isle of Capri this past weekend with all my home game buds from here in Austin, TX.

Most interesting experience was Saturday night when my best man was involved in a pot with a serious female player. This chick was decked out in her leather jacket and sunglasses, only really talking to her lesbian friend (lover? not sure) on her left. There were 3 of us guys at the same 2/4 NL table because we all signed up at the same time.

The situation that came up was when Nick, my best man, had AA and made the 4 card nut flush on the river. The girl had Q3s and had the sucker straight on a 4 5 6 7 x board with 4 diamonds. I don't remember all the action but I know Nick check/called oop on the turn and then hit the diamond on the river and led out for 50. The girl knew she was beat but made the crying call.

So then they showdown and Nick turns over his Aces and she slowly turns over her Q3. So the dealer starts to push Nick the pot and he throws his cards away. Well she immediately starts claiming he mucked his hand as he's stacking chips. And everyone else besides her friend is telling the floor that he didn't and she's just trying to steal the pot away on a BS techincality.

It actually got a little heated between her and my other friend Jerry at the table. She was cussing at him telling him he need to shut the **** up b/c he wasn't in the hand. Her friend was telling the floor not to listen to us because we were all friends (what was she?). It was obviously very sexist that the dealer didn't give her any kind of warning about her language, because if it was a guy swearing up and down like that they'd have had the floor over there immediately.

Long story short (too late?) the floor reviewed the tape and said that the pot was already in route to Nick when he threw his cards away so it was still his pot.

But the best part about the story was in the time it took for the ruling to come back he took her for at least another 50 or so when she tried to bluff him off AK with another suited Queen (this time Q7). Everyone at the table was paying close attention to that pot, but no one said anything after it was over. But I guarantee you we all got a little satisfaction in watching that action.

**** sleezy scumbags trying to steal pots on BS technicalities.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Attempted \"robbery\" at Isle of Capri LA

Pics of the sisters of Sappho, please.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:57 PM

who knew lesbians could be angle shooters
Old 10-17-2007, 04:07 PM

I played there once. I was the BB and made a baby flush, slightly bigger than the SB's baby flush. The Ace was on the board, and the dealer started to split the pot. When I objected, he said "It's and Ace high flush -- you split it." I demanded he call the floor, and no one at the table -- all locals -- voiced any opinion, even though they all obviously knew I was right. While waiting for the floor, the dealer said "I guess it depends on where you play." I said, "That may be, but when you play here on earth, that's my pot." The floor agreed with me.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played there once. I was the BB and made a baby flush, slightly bigger than the SB's baby flush. The Ace was on the board, and the dealer started to split the pot. When I objected, he said "It's and Ace high flush -- you split it." I demanded he call the floor, and no one at the table -- all locals -- voiced any opinion, even though they all obviously knew I was right. While waiting for the floor, the dealer said "I guess it depends on where you play." I said, "That may be, but when you play here on earth, that's my pot." The floor agreed with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be used to playing on Uranus