Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 07:30 AM

Default Reggie Bush Keeper League Value

FF Experts.

Who is the most valuable player you would trade in order to draft him?

Which of the following would you offer for the #1 pick this year?

Willie Parker
Ronnie Brown
Cadillac Williams
Stephen Jackson
Chad Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald

If none of these are a fair trade what player or combination of players do you think is?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Reggie Bush Keeper League Value

I wouldn't give up the last 2, but I'd probally easily give up Willie and Stephen for him and I'd have to think about ROnnie or Cadillac.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:39 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't give up the last 2, but I'd probally easily give up Willie and Stephen for him and I'd have to think about ROnnie or Cadillac.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think anyone who believes johnson and fitzgerald are the two most valuable keepers on that list needs to stop responding when the OP asks for 'expert' opinion.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:53 PM

i'm in position to have reggie for years, if i choose...

we have a 12 team keeper league, and this is the 2nd year. thankfully, every single owner will be back for this year's draft..

that said, i came in dead last last year. had 4th most points, but played against a hot team every week.

my keepers as of now will be carson palmer, terrell owens and willis mcgahee.

now, do i want to sacrifice this year for having bush for 10 years? dunno...

there will certainly be better players available at #1, but the problem is, will reggie bush get back to me at #20/#21 overall? probably not...

we'll see.

i'll probably actually aim for vernon davis with my 2nd or 3rd pick...lots of running backs available every year, but to have a top 3 TE gives you an advantage over most teams...
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 PM

Hmmm... I think overall some of the guys above are higher in absolute value fantasy wise but position wise both Larry and Chad are very high. It's very hard to get an elite running back (LJ, LT, SA) but there are many backs of similar caliber to RB and CW while there aren't many great WRs in the league.

Chad Johnson still has 5 or 6 good years left and is right now the best WR in football (arguable of course), while Larry is easily a top 5 Fantasy Football WR and will get better and is only 22.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... I think overall some of the guys above are higher in absolute value fantasy wise but position wise both Larry and Chad are very high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, that's the point. Chad and Larry's fantasy value isn't as great as any of the other backs listed in comparison to the average value of at their respective position. Its all about marginal value, not absolute value.

[ QUOTE ]
but there are many backs of similar caliber to RB and CW while there aren't many great WRs in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true in terms of fantasy value.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:06 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... I think overall some of the guys above are higher in absolute value fantasy wise but position wise both Larry and Chad are very high. It's very hard to get an elite running back (LJ, LT, SA) but there are many backs of similar caliber to RB and CW while there aren't many great WRs in the league.

Chad Johnson still has 5 or 6 good years left and is right now the best WR in football (arguable of course), while Larry is easily a top 5 Fantasy Football WR and will get better and is only 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

most mock drafts i've seen have brown, williams and jackson going at about the same point as johnson and fitzgerald. even though i would take all the running backs before either of the wideouts, we'll call this year roughly a wash.

beyond (or during) 2006, though, what are the chances each of these players becomes as a top-3 overall FF player at some point? i would say it's at least 20% for each of the running backs, and less than 5% for the wideouts.

last preseason i had good running back depth and needed a WR, and i traded larry johnson for jerry porter, with porter being ranked higher on every draft board i saw. i won't make that mistake again.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:15 PM

I should have been more specific. Assume that the keeper league lets you keep between 5 and 8 players each year, so you don't have to not keep a big time stud to have him on your roster for a long time.

Also, the league that I am in has 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE and gives 1 point for every 25 return yards.

Also, I do not have all of the players mentioned, but I think they are all long-term high value players in a league with 5-8 keepers, but might be somewhat reasonable offers.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:53 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question, but Willie is the weakest there byt a significant amount. He's the only 3rd rounder there.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:40 AM

The question is which of those players would you offer for the first pick in a league with 5-8 keepers, or which of those players would you accept for the first pick?