Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: WORLD WAR 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I said Americains are overrated millitary wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could find a source right now, but I'm certain the US has more of pretty much everything, fighter jets, bombers, submarines, aircraft carriers, and destroyers then both russia and china combined. This with the fact that nearly all the things listed that we have more of are also stronger, stealthier, and loaded with more powerful weapons makes this a no brainer. Manpower only matters if you can make it to land.

We look like dumbasses in iraq right now because we can't tell who the enemy is, if there's a bunch of ships heading at us it becomes a lot clearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

jets,bombers,ships don't really matter in war anymore space technology is where it is all at and Russian is top tier in that category.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 PM

Also, Russia can't even suppress the Chechen rebels, how on earth could they defeat anyone else?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could find a source right now, but I'm certain the US has more of pretty much everything, fighter jets, bombers, submarines, aircraft carriers, and destroyers then both russia and china combined. This with the fact that nearly all the things listed that we have more of are also stronger, stealthier, and loaded with more powerful weapons makes this a no brainer. Manpower only matters if you can make it to land.

We look like dumbasses in iraq right now because we can't tell who the enemy is, if there's a bunch of ships heading at us it becomes a lot clearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I'll just type some gibberish.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-17-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

jets,bombers,ships don't really matter in war anymore space technology is where it is all at and Russian is top tier in that category.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to ignore my initial reaction to laugh, and ask what you actually mean here? How are they superior at this, and how would it sway a war?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Russia can't even suppress the Chechen rebels, how on earth could they defeat anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ] This is like saying the US can't even defeat Iraq, so they couldn't defeat anyone. Invations are hopeless unless you wipe out the 98% of the population that are not traitors and proceed to move other people that agree with you into the neat new area you have aquired.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

holy time machine batman, this isnt the 1960s. where are you getting your information?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is like saying the US can't even defeat Iraq, so they couldn't defeat anyone. Invations are hopeless unless you wipe out the 98% of the population that are not traitors and proceed to move other people that agree with you into the neat new area you have aquired.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with this.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 PM

Basically I think I might of mistaken what the original question was asking.

If we are talking about China+Russian taking over America, like land wise, states, all that, then yes I don't think they have a real chance, but if we are talking about an all out war where the goal is to basically Annihilate the other without nukes then like I was saying you are underrating Russia's power.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] This is like saying the US can't even defeat Iraq, so they couldn't defeat anyone. Invations are hopeless unless you wipe out the 98% of the population that are not traitors and proceed to move other people that agree with you into the neat new area you have aquired.

[/ QUOTE ]
Last i heard america erased iraqs former government aka suddam and pals. its not a war anymore, hasnt been since the first 3-5 days of the invasion, its playing babysitter over suicide bombers.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anton - OK, I'm convinced, we're all doomed.

-Al