Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Looking for a good bluetooth mouse

Anyone have any suggestions on a good bluetooth mouse? I'm currently looking at this one on Newegg. Does anyone else have any recommendations?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Looking for a good bluetooth mouse

I bought a Belkin a few years back so they may have improved since then but I would suggest a wireless mouse instead of a Bluetooth because of how fast they go through batteries. My Belkin goes through them 4 or 5 times faster than the wireless MS mouse and keyboard combo I'm using. So unless this is for a mobile set up I'd pass on it.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:12 AM

I have 3 BT mice. One came with my Logitech MX 5000 Laser Desktop. This is my most comfortable and functional BT mouse. I used it with my laptop for some time, but the fact that it needs to be charged on its own charging station does not make it a portable solution. So really, it is anchored to my desktop. Beware tho, the logitech software that you have to install to use the bundled dongle is unreliable. there were a few times that the Logitech software disconnected from my peripherals, during sessions no less! Not good. I am going to replace the Logitech dongle as soon as I can.

I bought little "vanilla" Belkin BT mouse. I have a hell of a time maintaining synch with it. Battery life is also suspect.

After, having spent about $150 on the Logitech and another $50 on the Belkin, I wanted keep my BT mouse cheap. BT PC accessories aren't mature technology yet, so things can be expensive. So I looked to Ebay. I found a Dell mouse and keyboard combo for $50 new but with the USB dongle taken out of the package (I just happen to have a Dell laptop, but that is irrelevant to why I bought mouse/keyb.).

So far, I am very happy. The mouse is is small enough to be portable and the battery life seems to be good (so far). While I thought I didn't originally need the keyboard, it has proven to be a great forward thinking purchase. Now I can hook my laptop to my plasma tv and play poker on the big screen (a la Matasow) or watch videos, or whatever. Point is, I can control everything from afar, and it was a whole lot cheaper than my Logitech desktop.

This is a very similar auction, but comes with the USB dongle: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Bluetooth-Wirel...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-10-2007, 04:44 PM

The 2nd mouse I bought was actually a Kensington, not a Belkin. Same issues mentioned apply. Here is the beast: http://us.kensington.com/html/6367.html
Old 05-10-2007, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the responses. I think i'm actually just going to get a cheap Logitech bluetooth mouse for now.