Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Misreading board in live game cost me $$

yea, I could have just gone for overcall, but the two behind be looked like they were ready to muck... bleh.

AB
Old 03-27-2007, 04:46 PM

Hey AB, I remember this hand and I think you got a few things wrong on how the hand was played out. im so sure this is the same hand, i remember you saying you didnt even see the flush, but i remember it so different, lol, well this is what i recall...

MP limps, another limper in LP, button folds, AB completes in SB, Godson raises in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], All call. 4 to the flop.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
AB check, Godson bets, MP calls, LP limper folds, AB calls.

Turn: was a blank non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sb check, i bet, call, call.

River:Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check now, MP bets, AB raises from the SB, i muck, MP just calls and flips over some garbage like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. in fact it was exactly that hand, because me and the guy to my left were lol'ing at him. I dont remember youre hand though, i just remember you were pissed cause you didnt see the flush. anywho, ya that guy was bad, you would have got an extra bet out of me perhaps if there wasnt a 1 card str8 on the board.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM

also [censored] is when you are multitabling and you raise on one table with the hole cards from another table. this is prone to happen when I am really tired and there is a very improbable hand (say I have 7-5 in the BB on one table and the flop comes A-7-7 on another table and my brain goes [censored] yeah! oh noes! wrong table!)
Old 03-28-2007, 09:21 AM

Four colur decks should be standard, it just seems [censored] crazy not to have them.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey AB, I remember this hand and I think you got a few things wrong on how the hand was played out. im so sure this is the same hand, i remember you saying you didnt even see the flush, but i remember it so different, lol, well this is what i recall...

MP limps, another limper in LP, button folds, AB completes in SB, Godson raises in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], All call. 4 to the flop.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
AB check, Godson bets, MP calls, LP limper folds, AB calls.

Turn: was a blank non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sb check, i bet, call, call.

River:Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check now, MP bets, AB raises from the SB, i muck, MP just calls and flips over some garbage like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. in fact it was exactly that hand, because me and the guy to my left were lol'ing at him. I dont remember youre hand though, i just remember you were pissed cause you didnt see the flush. anywho, ya that guy was bad, you would have got an extra bet out of me perhaps if there wasnt a 1 card str8 on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that was a completely different hand - if you are talking about the hand I think you are, the moran with 73h was in seat nine - and he was retarded.

In that case it wasn't so much that I didn't see the flush, it was that I had a straight, (I think I had KJ) and didn't put *him* on a flush - somehow I got stuck thinking he had just two pair. I mean, that guy was calling down with anything and betting all kinds of weird [censored]. Who'da thought he had 73h - and wasn't he in UTG or UTG+1??

The hand I was talking about in the OP was a day or two earlier - and there I really didn't see the flush, as I *really * thought the river was a heart not diamond. It's these god damned progressive lenses in my glasses - if I don't tilt my head just so, closer objects are blurred, and when your eyes see something blurred, your brain tries to fill in the blanks - thus a diamond could be perceived as a heart.

Or something.

AB
Old 04-06-2007, 03:33 AM

Ah my fault, yea that does sound like a crappy situation, yea man that guy was like utg + 1, funny thing was the rest of those guys were just as bad if not worse then him, I was srsly amazed when he flipped his hand over.. i was lol'ing in my head. whats even funnier is that he didnt even 3bet you he just called, typical donk. i remember one time where i misread my own hand, you are more pissed at urself then anything else so i know how u feel bro, take care gl at the tables.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:44 AM

I once read my hand to be 4 4, flopped a 4 in a NL game, went all in and got called by a flush draw. I turned my hand over...and it was 4 3?!?! However, the pair of 4s held up..lol
Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 PM

I change my reply from earlier: I just did a misread(of my hand) all the way playing 4/8 LHE this week. A held the AJo while I thought I had the ATs, thought I made my str8, pumping the the whole way, lost to a pair of Kings. I nearly got the guy out though by my misagg play. He almost folded but the pot was s huge we called with his K/weak kicker to win the thing, I was very red at that point. It's good to know that many people here have doenm things like this before. Needless to say, I got plenty of action after that incident!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 PM

One time while playing NL, I raise allin on the river with what I thought was a flush XdYd, but their was no possible flush as I'd mistaken a heart for a diamond. So of course I'm called and I proudly show my hand, and the dealer goes "T high", and I do a double take on the board.