Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Small Blind Play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it's folded to me in the SB, I will never open-complete. My range opens up quite a bit, as we're heads-up now, but I'll either just fold or open for a raise. If he folds a lot, I'll open any 2 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this really the +EV play if you're at a deep table where blind steals are worthless compared to more lucrative postflop play?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to be pretty damned deep, and the BB would have to be pretty damned bad in order to make completing trash more +EV than raising it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I was considering the difference between raising and folding. If you make it 4BB every time with schmutz, if the big blind fights back even 20% of the time, you're only breaking even. (Yes, he could call and then the flop could hit you and you win, but you could also get enough of it to lose more, so that's a wash.)

The big blind would have to be one huge nit to not take a flyer on 20% of his hands, in position. Of course, you've got your set miners, so you can get away with it against them. Other times you can raise to 2-3BB or use the complete/auto-bet line to lessen your risk.

Edit: meh, I suppose it would be more than 20% since those times you successfully steal, you're also winning back your small blind.