Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

Cardplayer only refers to Scott Tom as a former employee. They can do better than that. He was much more than an employee. This should have been recognized. I don't have an account there or I would post a comment regarding Scott Tom.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AP has screwed a lot of people out of a lot of money and now you are hiding info about them? For what reason? Whats the point of telling people "I know something you dont know" and then just leaving it at that? How does that benefit you at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

When a homicide squad is conducting a murder investigation, do they release the name(s) of the main suspect(s) before they can be charged?

Everyone needs to chill, step back, and wait for it. Good work is being done and we can rest assured we'll find out about any new developements when they are substantial enough to be released.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:43 AM

Nat, seriously, p.m. me. we'll exchange information, and the next time you're in vegas, i'm taking to you buffalo wild wings.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

also, serge and josem.

but only if i can call you sUrge, and not serghey.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Story has broken on CardPlayer and pokernews.

pokernews article

CardPlayer article

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, reading those really re-emphasizes to me how important these threads were and how important the work of Nat, Serge, and everyone else was to getting to the bottom of this. You guys have done something extraordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously, good work guys
Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 AM

edit: that doesn't seem like something that needs spelling out to the world.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like an [censored] for my mistake earlier, and I'm going to stop posting in these threads and just read silently. I encourage others to join me in lurk mode, and help to make the next thread as information-dense, linear, and error-free as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. content only, plz. no point arguing over stupid stuff, etc.

rothko out.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How did we find out that the employee that sent the email is no longer employed by AP?

[/ QUOTE ]
Adanthar claims to have been told this by another current employee of Absolute Poker.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is the person that said this hiding the reason the employee is not employed?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because of one or more of the following:
a) the reason is not clear
b) because the circumstances of departure are not clear

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it seems like Andathar and N82 and people like that know a lot more that they are not sharing. What is the point of not sharing this info?

[/ QUOTE ]
I too have received a high volume of correspondence from people. I certainly haven't posted everything because:
a) not everything is credible
b) there are a number of stakeholders within the industry that do not want to be associated with this
c) there are a number of individuals that don't want the possibility of being targetted for revenge
d) I've received a lot of crap that isn't worth wasting my time on, let alone other people's

[ QUOTE ]
AP has screwed a lot of people out of a lot of money and now you are hiding info about them? For what reason? Whats the point of telling people "I know something you dont know" and then just leaving it at that? How does that benefit you at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the above reasons are fair and reasonable.

I can tell you about the morons who claim to be able to sell Absolute Poker card reading software, or the morons who claim to have databases from other poker sites.

In addition, it would obviously be wrong for me and others to spread stories that we are not able to credibly defend.

[ QUOTE ]
Too many Questions?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I'm happy to answer any question I can. Obviously the volume of questions may affect the time, but it is clear that Absolute is being far more secretive about this than I or Nat or Serge (I always think of the fashion adviser in Beverley Hills Cop when I think of that name)
Old 10-19-2007, 02:49 AM

Josem. Would you be kind enough to comment on my last post regarding the "ABS steamroller email".
Thanks.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 AM

admiralfluff:

[ QUOTE ]
In this case, it would be getting AP to access the master history for these hands, and looking to see if 363 sits down after Seif takes his break.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were an innocent Mark Seif, I would request these hands from AP. This would even be a good time to have said hands certified as true and correct in the forthcoming audit.

Seif has a great opportunity to "own" the board with easily obtainable information.

hmmm, I guess his opponent could also request the hands from AP.

gg
Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 AM

StepBangin wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
How did we find out that the employee that sent the email is no longer employed by AP? Why is the person that said this hiding the reason the employee is not employed?

Also, it seems like Andathar and N82 and people like that know a lot more that they are not sharing. What is the point of not sharing this info?

Too many Questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Josem said it better than me, but here's a relevant quote from N82 (quoting himself):

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

A confidential source told me that the guy is no longer with the company.

But maybe someone else is willing to send this stuff out.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, I was told that by two separate confidential sources, both of whom did not want to post on their names. I trust both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
from: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...Number=12543640

edit: typos
Closed Thread