Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Nuts on the river, deep

so for those who check raise river here, how often are you guys ever bluffing in this spot?
Old 12-01-2007, 06:51 PM

imo your turn raises looks like you have an ace with no club and want to protect your hand.

so checking this river will say that you have no club. so he has to bet whether he has a club or not.

i mean... who would bet here with AdKd?
Old 12-01-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lead for half pot imo. He might call with an A, which he would just check with if you checked.

If he has the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], or J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] he is raising and it;s a fist pump.

The only hands that he bets with here that he dosn't raise with are 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

imo getting value from an A > C/R a mid club.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTW!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:27 PM

oh wait... infinite river aggression?

your up against a super user, open fold now!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:32 PM

I don't think he would raise this river with a K,Q or J high flush this deep on a paired board.

Check/raise to rep a bluff or whatever and induce a call!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:34 PM

Bet like 275... he's not calling a c/r with very much, he's going to raise a boat or nut flush if you're lucky, and you get huuge value when he is able to call your river 3bet.

He's going to check-through a lot of flushes / Aces that would call your river bet, too! I think leading beats the hell out of a c/r here for many reasons.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:50 PM

What do you guys think is the worst hand villain vbets here if we check? I'd guess he vbets wider than he calls though, so I'd check, but I'm not sure about this. I seriously don't think you get paid on your CR often, I'd really just decide based on whether he vbets wider or calls wider.

I mean if you were bluffing on the turn it's almost always with a club, which if its high villain doesn't beat (considering only the interesting hands here, where villain doesn't have the NF and pay off since you get probably a bet there regardless) and if its low won't often turn itself into a bluff by betting, so when you bet the river can he really bluff catch with a medium club? He only beats total air that CRed on the turn or a 3 that decided to become a bluff, both rare, or maaaaaybe a low club vbetting which is also rare. However its possible I think that you CRed with a smaller club and are now checking, so he might vbet a bit wider than he calls.

If you think he calls any club I think this is a clear bet. And I think villain would have to be retarded to raise river with any flush.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:56 PM

most people wont raise a normal river bet without at least the Qc. With J-9 of clubs he may bet for value if I check but I cant see 8c or worse ever betting if I check. I think hell call any club for a normal bet.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Bet small, like $130, he won't be able to help himself with a :c: higher then a T.