Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Calling all UB players

I don't know how many of you guys play on UB, but this bbj stuff has got to go as it makes 50nl all but unbeatable and 100 nl very very tough to turn a profit on. If you enjoyed the softness of the UB games (which for those of you who didn't play on UB.....you were missing out) I implore you to please contact customer support as much as possible until they remove the bbj tables from 50 and 100 nl. I have written up a draft for those of you that are lazy.

Thanks yall
Beef

To Whom it May Concern

I am not happy with the bad beat jackpot tables. As a microstakes player who shows a profit (and plays to make a profit) you have severely limited the tables that I will play. I do not know if you understand the ramifications of the bad beat jackpot tables, so I will give a quick outline as to how much money you are costing me by having bbj tables at 50nl and 100nl. I average about $3 per hundred hands (which is about how many hands per hour your tables deal) played at .10/.25. Let's say hypothetically that I were to make 1.5 times that at .25/.50 (which given my earn on other sites seems to be a reasonable estimate) making my winrate somewhere around $4.50 per 100 hands. Given that there are 6 players per table, it stands to reason that I win somewhere around 1/6 or 16.7% of the hands that I play. So let us assume that I win 16 hands per 100 (ignore the fact that I know profitable pots to steal for the moment that would elevate the amount of hands that I win.) Let us also assume that 1/2 of those 16 hands per hundred that I win are above $10. This would mean that I would have 8*$.50 or $4 removed per hundred hands which effectively reduces my earn to $.5 per hundred. I hope that by now it is quite obvious to you what the bbj tables are doing to me and the other break even to winning regulars on your site. I will continue to play your games until I move up, but from that point on, I will no longer be playing at ultimate bet.

I know that there are a lot of players who likely requested bbj tables. However, EVERY player who wants those types of tables at these stakes is a losing player (it should be obvious from the paragraph above why this is so) who will be no longer playing here very soon due to being broke. If you do not remove these tables, you will lose quite a bit of business as all the break even to winning regulars will vacate your games (as I imagine a good amount already have.) These are the players that pay the most rake to you, and keep the games going. Please reconsider your position on the bbj tables as I highly enjoy your site, but can no longer afford to play on them.

Thanks,
_________

Also this is just a quick draft, but if someone would like to constructively criticize the draft and maybe tweak it a bit, I would appreciate it. Lets get this thing done.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Calling all UB players

Sent and bump
Old 10-28-2007, 01:58 AM

From a business standpoint what they are doing makes perfect sense. The breakeven regulars are not the guys paying the most rake for UB - the ocean of fish pays the most rake. And from their perspective they would like to get this money before the better players at each level can take it. By offering BBJ tables the player pool splits, in that no smart/good player will play the BBJ tables because of the rake - so the fish congregate there and trade money. As this is going on not only does UB increase the # of raked hands, it also increases the expected rake per hand. This situation should even out as soon as the BBJ tables become so fishy that it is +EV for a good player to play in these games at the higher rake level.

Petitioning probably won't get too much done, even if a decent # of uNL regulars sign UB simply shouldn't care. The fish aren't reading this and will continue to play at UB, and at some point the games will get so easy that various 2+2ers will head back.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:14 AM

The BBJ tables where the reason why I quit UB when switching from NL25 to NL50.

However removing the BBJ on those tables might very well remove alot of fish too, but that would still be better than those insane rake numbers.

I wish you good luck with the petition tough.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:33 AM

Two things:

First, your post contains a lot of math, meaning it probably won't be read. Just being honest with this one.

Second, the BBJ tables exist because it provides a hidden source of rake. They get 10-20% of the jackpot when it is distributed. That's another 50-100K per week that, unless their player base erodes substantially, I don't think they will part with. They are a business after all.

By the way, I too will leave UB as soon as I am no longer playing 25NL.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:44 AM

Brew or in another forum

In before lock
Old 10-28-2007, 01:49 PM

johnny,

The fish love them and so do UB. If you think UB is going to listen to a handful of ssnl grinders complaining because they can't turn a profit anymore you are seriously mistaken. I just can't imagine these BBJ tables will do anything but improve UB's bottom line.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:58 PM

I love the BBJ tables, 600nl is a total donkfest! I sympathize for you, but recommend that you perhaps play on stars until your roll is big enough for say, 100nl.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:02 PM

I do not understand Johnny how you could think pre jackpot tables on UB at that limit were "soft." It was a total rockgarden since the bonus rb switchover in the spring. Congratulations on doing so well during that period, however.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:04 PM

The jp tables killed 25 NL for sure.