Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 02:29 AM

Default 10/25 Rio tilt?

9handed lots of bad players (super loose/bad).
I had a terrible run to start with and made a good babyflush fold on the river against a check-raise getting 4:1 (unpaired board, flush came in on the river).. Villian saw that hand and seems to be a super loose action junkee.. I assume he is Mexican (those kinds with low self control/ loud and lots of tilt in them; around ~35 years) and capable of huge/bad bluffs. He is playing sort of an 70/50 style.. I have barely ever seen him folding pre and when he is first to act he will raise almost any 2 from any pos. I tangled with him in a couple pots and we haven't seen a showdown together (I folded on the turn or river, kinda reasonable, tight folds). My normal play is quite loose agressive with lots of 3betting and moves.. but at this table I haven't had many hands and there was way too much action PF, so I assume Villian perceives me as rather tight/nitty and capable to make big folds. I have played around 40 hands and my initial stack of 7k vanished down to about 2,6ish. Mr Mexican is calling reraises IP or OOP for huge amounts with any 2 and had a good run (bought in around 2kish and is up around 5k).

I've got ~2,6k he covers

Villain raises 75 from MP2 I reraise to 300 with QcQh (might reraise more cuz he might call more but 300 was an amount he called in the past with a wide range, so I didn't know about higher amounts)

Flop: 4h4c8c
I check cuz he fires almost always on the flop if checked to and I check/folded always to him if I gave my initiative up plus if I raise the flop big he might put me on a tilty bluff/flushdraw. I don't think that checking the flop is good but I felt like mixing it up and was quite certain he would bet. He checks the flop (no tells).

Turn: Jc
I think for a moment and bet around 400 (around 2/3 pot which is unusual for my cashgame play but it's not a highstakes online game so playing weird can be good at times, especially to extract max. value from weird donks). He thinks for a moment and asks me for my remaining stack, I count around 1,9k and he announces allin. He seems confident and I don't think it's a reverse tell but there is a chance he is bluffing or he figures his toppair is good, the only thing I am sure of is that he doesn't have a boat and is still concerned about a call.

I am very certain he wouldn't move me allin with a fullhouse (he is Maniac but 99,9%ish would trap me with such a hand) so I have him on a flush, trips, 2pair, TP/weird hand with outs or a bluff (wide range but he is that bad). If he has the flush, I felt like my Queen of Clubs is giving me 7outs at most times because he would bet his nut/2ndnut flushdraw on the flop very often and almost never miss a chance to build a pot unless his flushdraw was very weak. There is a good chance he has trips, even tho I don't like his check behind on the flop then. I cannot estimate how often he will have a 2pair but I can definately see him moving in with that hand, we're talking about a maniac/idiot. Tp or bluff is both in his range but I don't think he is doing his allin move with a pure bluff more than 20 - 25% of the time.

I figured I have around 4-11 outs against the flush, on average I would assume the correct number is 8-9 ish. Against his trips I can still hit 10 outs. I could be ahead plus I am very certain I will almost always have lots of outs if behind.

Getting 1,85:1 on my money, so I need to have around 35% Equity.
I would never play that way against a reasonable player but with my weird flop play and my semi-weakish turn lead I couldn't help myself to believe he is making a move to often not to give calling a try. If I am ahead he is drawing very thin.
I don't think that he thought I would call more loosely this time plus I felt like he is full of himself and can push the table around. He saw me folding smallish Flushs before and this time the board is paired so part of his allin move could be to scare me off a strong hand.

Kinda weird hand, thoughts appreciated...
Old 07-05-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: 10/25 Rio tilt?

I would call quickly
Old 07-05-2007, 06:43 AM

so he is bluffing a decent amount of the time
he is valuebetting worse
you have good equity if you are behind
and you get almost 2:1 on your money

instacall
Old 07-05-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

also: rebuy pre flop if the game is as good as you describe.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Fisheye: You the guy who FT'd the 1500$ NLHE?
You called?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 AM

when you factor bluffs into his hand range i think you have proper equity to make the call.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:04 PM

seems like an easy call to me, i doubt he checks back a better hand on the flop all that often
Old 07-05-2007, 06:25 PM

bet the flop, call the turn obviously. and reload if you can.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so he is bluffing a decent amount of the time
he is valuebetting worse
you have good equity if you are behind
and you get almost 2:1 on your money

instacall

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2007, 08:17 PM

Hey thanks for the quick answers. I couldn't reload cuz I only had the 7k with myself (god bless onlinepoker for easy reloads).. It wasn't really case money to me but I felt like the call would be a tilty call.. I mean that guy is really loose agressive preflop and I saw him betting against me when I checked to him... Nonetheless I didn't feel good calling, on the other hand I didn't like folding as well.. One of those spots were you don't like either of your choices..