Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 06:23 PM

Default 100NL play against aggro

No-Limit Texas Hold'em (NL100), $1.00 BB (5 handed)

Hero ($129.05)
Button ($94.5)
SB ($61.75)
BB ($100)
MP3 ($217.8)

SB: Post SB $0.50
BB: Post BB $1.00

Dealt to Hero Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop:
MP3 Raise $5
Hero Call $5
Button Call $5
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>

Flop:($16.5) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(3 players)</font>
MP3 Bet $6
Hero Raise $18
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>
MP3 Call $12

Turn:($52.5) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]<font color="#0030DD">(2 players)</font>
MP3 Check
Hero Bet $40
MP3 Allin $194.8
Hero folds

Villain 37/21 (AF 1.33) in 48 hands.A played with him for i while on table however there were no confrontantions beetwean us.I played about 22/18.His flop bet showed me weakness here so i decided to make a play.However as u see he wasnt that weak.what do you think about my line?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: 100NL play against aggro

With the flop raise, obviously the turn fold is fine, especially if you thought he was weak.

When I flop 2nd pair against an aggro villain that is smelling funny, I like to just call a flop bet and wait for the turn to make a play. I'm just so used to a preflop raiser mindlessly betting their flop all the time that it seems to have a bigger effect that way.

The problem with calling the flop and trying to raise the turn is that it tends to string the 3rd guy along... so I suppose the flop raise is best.

Guess you picked the wrong spot to make a move.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:30 PM

if you think hes fos then why in the world did you raise the flop? calling is so much better imo.
hes never folding an A, so youre basically hoping to bluff exactly KK. AND you still have btn left to act behind you! pretty brutal flop line.

as played i guess the turn is ok if you think he can fold AJ/AT to a second barrel, but since he called your flop raise hes almsot always either ch/c or ch/r that complete brick of a turn.
and yes, your turn fold is standard as played
Old 11-13-2007, 06:46 PM

Since the board is fairly dry, I'm not a fan of the flop raise. This raise does fold him out alot, but you almost always way ahead when it does.

As played i think the turn is ok, because your now pretty sure you are behind and I guess it folds out weak aces a good bit.

Edit: i pretty much just said what cs3 said
Old 11-14-2007, 02:05 AM

I hate the bet bet at the turn after being called on the flop. He's told you that you're beat by raising 5X pf and by calling your flop raise. Since you didn't improve, why continue? Anyway,I think I'd be afraid of improving (at least to two pair) since he could very well hold A-Q here. But since you did bet the river, folding to the raise is definitely correct, I would think.