Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Money Withdrawal Strategy

I have been playing for a few years now. I am a winning player at various different games. With my BB/100 and such I have averaged about 300-600 income a week. I am a college student and like to build my roll but also want some money to show for my play.

I was wondering what strategies people use for withdrawing, but letting your bankroll grow for future play.

I believe Taylor Caby recommended withdrawing 1/3 of your expected winnings weekly. I like this style, was wondering what others do for this...
Old 11-10-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Money Withdrawal Strategy

Im prob not an expert on this but its worked for me and ive suggested a similar line with a bunch of my friends and it seems better then the other choice which tends to b going bust for most players... Im probably not considered a typical player in the sense only 2 sites in my life which i bought in 100 dollars did i go bust with what i bought in now stars ive built up incredibly what i deposited although i did deposit more... ill start with what i did or suggest to people with lets say 2k or so im very conservative with my views on cashing out like ive told friends who have lost thousounds and tens of thousounds lit to cash out half of what they have made to ensure there protecting themselves when i had about 7kish on stars id typically cash out up to 1k-1500 when i ran brutal or somewhere in that range so i prob cash out more proportionally but have built up a roll in which i can sit as high as 10-20nl without being insanely concerned but alot depends on what u feel comfortable with alot of it is a mental battle u dont feel as secure without the money being off the site hence id advice on a little more of the cautious side since there is a thing called running bad for more then a week at a time): what started me off to getting my roll higher up was when i hit nova and the cash bonuses at the time were very good in proportion to my roll 1500 with a 5-10k roll is considerable so if u do play regularly i feel it does pay to aim for nova to help your roll from going as up and down if u need to use points to help you out... sorry bout the long post as this is my 1st response gl
Old 11-10-2007, 12:09 PM

This is one of those things where no one else can really give you advice better than you can figure out on your own. How much should you spend vs. save? Whatever works for you... how to manage your winnings should be the easy part.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:09 PM

Come on everyone, stop monkeying around and answer the question. What's the magic withdrawal formula?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:13 PM

solid comment rusty, yea i dont need the money cuz i have a decent amount in banks, i guess if u are a good player ur money will grow faster online if u dont need it right away
Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 PM

The Magic Formula for Withdrawing Poker Earnings:

- Calculate how much you have won by the end of the year.
- Withdraw half of that
- Consider what you have left your new poker roll