Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 04:16 PM

Default 25PLO - Gotta shove right?

I was about 90% certain button was going to bet the flop so I checked it with the intention of c/r AI. When BB rr button's bet (now we know who has NF) I smooth call b/c I'm getting odd as long as button comes along, right? I'm obvously AI on turn regardless so I am I thinking along the right lines? If this hand was HU's I think I can find a fold, probably peel the flop. However, with 3 people willing to shove am I always going to showdown w/ top set here? Thanks all.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($40.65)
BB ($24.55)
UTG ($34.30)
MP ($42.65)
Hero ($23.05)
Button ($14.45)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, Button calls $1.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.85, MP folds.

Flop: ($3.65) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $7.25</font>, Hero calls $7.25, Button calls $6.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: 25PLO - Gotta shove right?

although you have about 35% equity in the hand, i think i would just let it go. the main reason is i cant be sure BB will definatly come along, and even if he does hes not got a full stack, rough calcs

$46*35% = $16.10 main pot
$16*35% = $5.60 side pot

your total equity is $21.70 in a pot of $62, so you have 35% equity in a pot you are 35% to win, but this situation dosent take into account if another one of them has a set and is thinking the same way as you, which would overall leave you in much worse shape
Old 10-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Razor,

I appreciate the quick response. This was the kind of analysis I was looking for.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:13 PM

I have nfi what to do in these spots. Calling gets more money in from BTN, but do you get paid when the board pairs?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:14 PM

RoundTower or Wazz, can you plz chime in? Thanks...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:24 PM

didnt i hear some where that shoving top set on a flush flop is a big leak?

i dont know the exact stats on it but in plo, i think shoving in this spot is horrible.

i also agree with razor about folding in this spot because "you are in the middle". you dont know if button is going to re raise or call if you call.

i fold these spots when i'm in the middle all the time.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:36 PM

if BB raise is all-in... then I don't mind a call here. You get to see two, plus in that case there is the possibility of naked ace bluffing, and of course the button coming along.

I am not exactly sure why you expect the button to come along, if you expected to c/r him in the first place. This kind of implies you think he is betting that position alot with a weak hand.. and so he won't come along often.

I also gotta echo razor's comment about other sets. I'd say a dominant percentage of the time when action plays like this, the last caller (Button) has a set. He's got two people in front that he can put on big flushes so its easy to fold flushes in his seat.. and difficult not to call sets.

I guess I opt of this hand unless the stacks are reeeeal shallow or reaaaall deep. For me I am more or less thinking.. I only have a few bb invested.. and I am never in good shape to win much.

You know these games better than me, but maybe this helps.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:05 PM

there is too much action that will be behind you so i would have to muck it. you only had 1.10 ivested no reason to put in 22 more when its clear that you're behind
Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RoundTower or Wazz, can you plz chime in? Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

i think elrazor's post really is all you need here, and he is as respected as those two i believe