Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 01:14 AM

Default Dear Bodog

Dear Bodog, I think you're a pretty good site, and I've consistently played on your site a little bit in various games up to your highest limits (which are not nosebleed high where I don't venture). But I'd really love it if you could make a few changes:

Your software runs a little heavy on my system. I have the occasional Bodog crash, and sometimes it gets weird with cards disappearing and whatnot. I have to tweak my system a bit to keep it afloat. It's almost reminiscent of Pacific (I shudder to say). Of your various interesting attempts to improve, I think running fast and light should be a top priority. If Bodog is freezing and my 6 Party games are running fine, where do you think I'm going to play?

Do NOT default the buy-in window to auto-post blind. It's obnoxious. No decent player posts in middle position when sitting down. No other poker site sets that default. Every time I forget to find the box and end up posting in MP, do you know what it teaches me? It doesn't teach me to read my windows more carefully (hell, I'm multi-tabling). It teaches me to stick to sites that don't [censored] up my [censored].

Get rid of the pop-up every single time I have a big blind and don't have blinds auto-posted. This is also obnoxious. I know you'd rather have me and all the players auto-post to keep the game going. I would too. But when the table is starting to break and I'm playing short-handed only until the bad players leave, I want to pick my blind round by round. That pop-up breaks up my flow on my other 6 Party tables. What do you think my seventh table is going to be then?

Finally and most importantly: PLEASE GET RID OF THE ACTION OVERLAYS ("Check" "Call" etc in white). You should know that players generally LIKE TO SEE THEIR CARDS, and about as much like to see their opponents cards when possible. If I'm 6-tabling and I try to look at my Bodog table and I can't see my hand b/c a sign over my seat says "Check", that really [censored] up my [censored] again. And I have to mouse over my seat. And at the end of a hand I want to see what got showed down, but again it's covered. PLEASE DO NOT EVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES COVER ANYONE'S CARDS! We all know how to figure out the action. Really, it's quite simple.

Bodog is a small site. There may only be one or two tables going I want to play there. When they cause me annoyances, you can be sure that there are scads of tables at Party that can replace them.

Thanks.

PS What am I forgetting?
Old 08-27-2006, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Dear Bodog

Wouldn't it be easier to say "Hey, remember how your software was a year ago? Well it sucked, but I'd actually play there if you went back to using it."
Old 08-27-2006, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS What am I forgetting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please add more shorthanded tables, specifically for 1K and 2K NL.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:37 AM

I hope you sent this to them.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:56 AM

I once got a royal flush on bodog wrote to them and asked if i could have a bodog girl as a bonus. They sent me a bodog calender. I tried.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally and most importantly: PLEASE GET RID OF THE ACTION OVERLAYS ("Check" "Call" etc in white).

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you can get rid of this by going into preferences and modifying the game options.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:48 PM

right on, I played bodog every day until they changed their software, tried it a few times after, hated it and left and haven't been back since. More like a kids video game now.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:15 PM

P.S. Add timestamps to chat. I keep talking to people who left the table hours ago.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:44 PM

I would just love to see 6max at more than 1 limit my BR can handle. You got your choice of 1/2, 4/8, or 8/16 (6max), wtf.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 AM

Might be nice to have the option to have your hand histories saved to your hard drive. But that's just me...