Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 02:16 PM

Default What is your opinion on Bodog poker site?

I was thinking of trying some new online sites and wondering what people think of Bodog. The interface looks pretty good but the fact that it isn't tied to Pokertracker bothers me a lot. How are the stats on the site? Hopefully they are better than Pokerroom which is shaky at times (especially in tournaments)
Old 08-26-2006, 09:38 PM

Default Re: What is your opinion on Bodog poker site?

I think they have low traffic, and supposedly a lot of disconnects.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:43 PM

I've been thinking of playing there recently, but I've read more than one post about how bad their software is. The irony of it is that they market revolutionary software. Funny how that works.

I wouldn't be surprised if traffic picks up because they picked up the latest WSOP main event winner.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:01 PM

The games are really soft. If you play sng's the 10% bonus=100% rakeback.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking of trying some new online sites and wondering what people think of Bodog. The interface looks pretty good but the fact that it isn't tied to Pokertracker is great . How are the stats on the site? Hopefully they are better than Pokerroom which is shaky at times (especially in tournaments)

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Table rotate to put you in the same spot is cool to. Lots of people complain about the software but I have no problems except they seem to upgrade it every week or two (not sure what is upgraded but it downloads new updates).
Old 08-27-2006, 01:20 AM

I just posted a letter full of quibbles in this forum b/c I didn't see this thread. I don't have a lot of problems with their software crashing and such, but I do have some--whereas I never do with Party. In the limits I play, they wont have many games going (or sometimes not any), but then can be very juicy when they do go. they also hvae very good customer service generally. and a decent infinite reload.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they also hvae very good customer service generally. and a decent infinite reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been posted before- many people have been cut off from the so-called "infinite" reloads for "bonus abuse". BTW, in Bodog's world "bonus abuse" = being a winning payer, withdrawing your winnings, then trying to reload for the bonus.

I also have a negative impression of their customer service (e.g., they allow no player transfers), and before I gave up on the site a few weeks ago, their software would randomly freee my computer. Oh, and when you time out you are FOLDED (not put all in) in NL, even if there is no action to you.

I'm not impressed with Bodog.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they also hvae very good customer service generally. and a decent infinite reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been posted before- many people have been cut off from the so-called "infinite" reloads for "bonus abuse". BTW, in Bodog's world "bonus abuse" = being a winning payer, withdrawing your winnings, then trying to reload for the bonus.

I also have a negative impression of their customer service (e.g., they allow no player transfers), and before I gave up on the site a few weeks ago, their software would randomly freee my computer. Oh, and when you time out you are FOLDED (not put all in) in NL, even if there is no action to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if you withdraw and immediately depost again... no [censored] they're gonna have problems with you
Old 08-27-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

well, if you withdraw and immediately depost again... no [censored] they're gonna have problems with you

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a whole thread on this, but multiple people (including myself) have been cut off from the bonuses without doing anything close to what you described.

I ALWAYS waited several days before redepositing, I NEVER withdrew my whole roll, I ALWAYS waited a few days after I cleared the bonus to withdraw, I added 20% or more cover play, etc. etc. After getting a few hundred in bonuses once a month for several months, I got the "bonus abuse" email. I'm not the only one who had this debate with Bodog custoer service and lost.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Their CS is very fast, like 30 minute reply time max. I was impressed.