Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

Great work everyone. Have people been looking at their PokerTracker databases for other cheaters? I think by pulling up the summary tab and sorting on vp$ip (click on those letters) you can sort by preflp calling %. If someone has a very high preflop calling %, are big winners and have played many hands they could be a suspect. Another column to review is the w$sd. You would have an unusually high winning rate at showdown if you can see all of the hands.

These idiots could have utilized this cheating tool forever if they were smart about it. They could play $5/$10 no limit 'normally' and utilize 'the extra information' one time per day on a $1,000 pot. Do this on four or five accounts and you make several thousand dollars per day. Throw in some big tourney wins and cover play and it would be easy to make a couple of extra million dollars per year. These idiots calling 90% preflop and calling all in bluffs with nothing totally amaze me. Can any person really be that stupid?

How are other major poker sites preventing this from happening on their sites? It would be nice to see statements from PokerStars, Bodog, Full Tilt, etc. Their lack of statements or reassurances also personally disturb me. Crickets?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Old 10-18-2007, 12:53 PM

If Germany is in Eastern Europe, I have no problems kicking the Dutchies up north.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:02 PM

you're not helping
Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These idiots could have utilized this cheating tool forever if they were smart about it. They could play $5/$10 no limit 'normally' and utilize 'the extra information' one time per day on a $1,000 pot. Do this on four or five accounts and you make several thousand dollars per day. Throw in some big tourney wins and cover play and it would be easy to make a couple of extra million dollars per year. These idiots calling 90% preflop and calling all in bluffs with nothing totally amaze me. Can any person really be that stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that they began to cheat time ago, surely they were really cautious at the beginning. As time passed some of the cheaters became very confident, as they didn't spot any danger as nobody seemed to be aware of their activities, and they began to lose respect of their cover-up, maybe even finding it funny to make those scandalous sessions without anyone noticing.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:15 PM

lol @ the last sentance in the stickied thread
Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ the last sentance in the stickied thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I didn't catch that the first time I read it. Thats pretty good.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 PM

Great work by all/Dan Druff, although I will push back on one of his final comments regarding this story getting to Mass Media. Could there be anything worse for online poker than for "Online Poker is Rigged," stories running everywhere?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:19 PM

Different explanations are possible for the fact that potripper chose to exploit his account in an ultra obvious way.

1) He did not have much time

2) He actually wanted to signal to the poker community about cheating at AP because his conscience was eating him up, seeing other superusers cheat in much more disguised manner

3) He is pretty retarded

4) This was his way to settle a grudge with AP. He may have been fired or whatever reason

5) ...

Now weigh in the fact that he had high position in he company, option 3 becomes less likely.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Serious Journalists Getting Interested

[ QUOTE ]
Hello all. dyzalot informed me of the mention of my name as a possible coconspirator in this mess. Obviously this is not the case. When i was at the table with potripper, i just thought that he was a maniac that thought he could run over the table and i decided to take a stand a couple of times. meh. Everyone from 2+2 and p5's that have done so much work to bring light to this issue should be applauded and i personally appreciate their efforts, however (and i realize apefish apologized for bringing up my name) in situations like these the "witch hunt" syndrome can get very ugly. i urge everyone, going forward, to be absolutely sure of your information before making any public accusations. -Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

It was me who apologized and I brought it up only because of the closeness of the names and when someone else showed your cashes, I mistakenly thought those were your only tourneys. My Bad. It was pretty obvious from beginning you weren't cheating. So know one really thinks your a cheater.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Default About the GA Audit

From the following web site article:

http://www.gambling911.com/Absolute-Poker-101807.html

I have taken the following quote:

[ QUOTE ]

Auditing firm, Gaming Associates, confirmed to 4Flush that they are in communication with Absolute Poker regarding discussion of an audit relating to Absolute Poker. The audit is independent of Absolute Poker, and not paid for by Absolute.

Alan Pedley of Gaming Access said today “If we are commissioned to undertake any audit then it will be for and on behalf of the regulatory authority and we will invoice the regulatory authority accordingly. Gaming Associates will not receive any payment whatsoever from the auditee - this is a standard procedure practiced by our clients (regulatory authorities) worldwide.”

[/ QUOTE ]

In short, KGC is paying for this audit, so let's HOPE that they don't tell GA "Do a standard audit and we'll pay you $5k for it", but instead will say "Do whatever you need to do to get to the bottom of what happened here and we'll pay you whatever it costs"... unfortunately, I have a feeling the former, rather than the latter, will occur.
Closed Thread