Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Using PT for MTT

I recently purchased poker tracker and haven't used it a ton, in part because I only have about 8k hands thus far, but also because I guess I really don't know exactly how I should be using it. I recently discussed what I should be looking for w/ some friends. One of them made a pretty convincing arguement that any stat you look at is a very incomplete number.

Especially for tourneys, you could look at your aggression at certain blind levels, but aren't decisions to raise at different times at least somewhat dependent on stack size, and clearly on the style of play of others at the table and their stack sizes, how close to the bubble you are, etc? Obviously, statistics about what hands are played and other measurements can be skewed the same way.

For those reasons, is it even possible to use PT to "analyze" your play at that specific of a level? I've read Pokey's "how to use poker tracker" and its great, for ring games, but I think tournaments incorporate a few more variables.

I'd love to get the thoughts of any MTT players out there who have used poker tracker and the things they've done that they find valuable specifically for MTTs. Do you look for things that specific in your play, or do you generally just pay attention to the results and use it as a record keeping tool?