Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 11:23 PM

Default Dear Party Poker,

I have been trying to determine for the past year whether I should make my exclusive home for poker at Party or Stars.

I would like to extend my heartfelt appreciatinon for making this tough decision for me.

Good luck with your future endeavors and remember that having a 2% online gaming market share is better than nothing.

P.S. - I just purchased a package of golf balls with my 2.3 million remaining party points. Please deduct my shipping charges from the .97 cents you refused to return to me when I cashed out.

Regards
trendyourfriend
Old 10-11-2006, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Dear Party Poker,

meh
Old 10-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Party poker did not make your decision the United States congress made this decision. They will be sued by their shareholder if they knowingly break the law.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:56 PM

Dear Party,

I finally have a reason to never deal with you again. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:22 AM

Eric, they can only be so sued for violating laws to which they are subject. They are not subject to US laws.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:37 AM

Wrong. The new law doesn't relate to on line poker sites directly at all. Plus Party Poker is on the London Stock Exchange, not US. I believe Neteller made the proper decision today saying even they, as a method of funding poker sites, are not regulated by this new law in the US. Neteller says they have no employees in the US, no offices in the US and their stock is sold on the London Stock Exchange, therefore the US government cannot tell them what to do.

The new law only says financial institutions in the US cannot transfer our funds to a poker site. Also will try to have ISP's block the IP addresses of known poker sites. That's it. Doesn't get us in trouble for playing poker in our homes and doesn't get the offshore poker sites in trouble for offering us the game on line. If I was a shareholder in Party i would be suing them now for making a hastily retreat from the millions of dollars they make each month with my investment in the companies stock making the stock worth a fraction of what it was a couple weeks ago. The most Party would have to do is release any employees that are US citizens so those citizens can't be held liable by the US government. This would make them totally out of the jurisdiction of US Law like Neteller annouced today.

If all on line poker players band together and really support Neteller and all the poker sites that are not refusing US citizen participation by giving them all our business, on line poker will continue to flourish with this just being a little hiccup in the growth of our on line and brick and mortar sport. Pretty sad when men are dieing every day in a war supposedly to protect our freedom while our wimpy government leaders attach a law like this in another bill to get it passed and try to take our freedoms away.

I am 57 years old and have long said, we are becoming more communistic in our country every day with the government taking away our freedoms under the supposed need to protect us from ourselves. Shame on us for playing a sport that has a little gamble to it. And the communistic countries are becoming more free everyday as they change their rules to allow themselves to be part of the global market economy.

Yes, a percentage of us have a gambling problem that will ruin our lives, but in a free country that is our choice. The other 99% of the gamblers that enjoy poker or just plain gambling and don't let it ruin our lives should not be penalized for the 1% that have a problem. Didn't work for alcohol consumption in the prohibition days, won't work for a sport as big as poker either.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:40 AM

Dear Party,

Enjoy!

Mullah Frist
Old 10-12-2006, 12:43 AM

Damn you Mullah, you beat me to it!

Enjoy!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:32 AM

P.S. - I just purchased a package of golf balls with my 2.3 million remaining party points. Please deduct my shipping charges from the .97 cents you refused to return to me when I cashed out.

Regards
trendyourfriend

[/ QUOTE ]

about the only balls pp has to offer
Old 10-12-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to determine for the past year whether I should make my exclusive home for poker at Party or Stars.

I would like to extend my heartfelt appreciatinon for making this tough decision for me.

Good luck with your future endeavors and remember that having a 2% online gaming market share is better than nothing.

Regards
trendyourfriend

[/ QUOTE ]

Grow up.