Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 PM

Default 100k hands a month

Possible? I would be 4 tabling 6max 5/10. Im not a 6max player so I figured it would be good to gain some experience fast. I did 100k a month 8tabling full ring. 100k is enough for 6max to figure out my leaks right? 3 2-3h sessions a day should get me around 100k hands.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: 100k hands a month

[ QUOTE ]
Im not a 6max player so I figured it would be good to gain some experience fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to be damn costly experience IMHO. And yes it's possible. Though I really can't imagine playing 8-9 hours a day everyday for a month. Good luck, I guess.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:31 PM

why? isnt it like full ring with the EP, MP1 folding? I m not a 6max noob though, I ve played like 20k hands or so. 8-9 isnt too much if I play 2-3h in the morning, a few hours during the day etc. I can even have 4 shorter sessions.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why? isnt it like full ring with the EP, MP1 folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol in theory. You're going to be in for a big surprise however. The players are very different. Almost all pots are contested HU or 3-way against very aggressive opponents. It's a totally different frame of reference to FR. Also most 5/10 games suck ATM especially if you're an American. You're going to be faced with a choice almost everyday of not making you hand goal or playing bad probably not profitable tables.

[ QUOTE ]
I m not a 6max noob though, I ve played like 20k hands or so. 8-9 isnt too much if I play 2-3h in the morning, a few hours during the day etc. I can even have 4 shorter sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone's different. If you've done it in the past, you probably have a better chance of doing it now. I've seen tons of people though go of on these quests to play a lot of hands. I've yet to see anyone come back happy. So it's not that I doubt you personally. It's just experience.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:57 PM

i play about 20K hands of 6max a month, and I routinely want to kill myself after most sessions.

so, good luck.

You won't make this goal more than once, for sure.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:11 PM

speaking of totally insane, whatever happened to true?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why? isnt it like full ring with the EP, MP1 folding? I m not a 6max noob though, I ve played like 20k hands or so. 8-9 isnt too much if I play 2-3h in the morning, a few hours during the day etc. I can even have 4 shorter sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its tough. Playing that much in a normal day is no problem but have a day out or a heavy night and its play tired or get behind with absolutely no way to catch up. If I had no social life I could do it easily.

Another problem is that some times there aren't many games going and you might not be able to find enough decent tables - depends how good you are I suppose.

chez
Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 PM

There's no need to take the piss.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:11 AM

I would really consider killing myself before i would play 100K Hand/month by 4-tabling. And i really think it is not possible for a normnal human beeing if you dont want to use drugs or if you want to play winning poker.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:41 AM

Pretty sure if you tried this in your first month of SH play, you will end up playing a terrible, leaky form of poker that will take another 100k hands to fix. The way to learn poker (or so I'm told) is to play, post, discuss, and play more.

And while 4-tabling is what my poker addiction requires, it will hardly make you a great player. Try fewer tables and make sure to practice playing 3-4 handed games as well.