Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: short low content post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since there's a lot of talk of BR strategy, I'll throw this out there: Having a 1000BB roll at less then 3/6 is silly. Unless you're living somewhere with a very low cost of living, you're not deriving a substantial part of your income playing 2/4 online. Therefore there isn't any need to protect yourself from moving down. The idea of playing micros-2/4 should be to move up as quickly as possible without going busto. The most conservative I'd recommend would be moving up when you have 500BB for your current limit plus enough for a 50BB shot at the next limit and moving down when you have less then 500BB for the next lower limit. Depending on your personality and risk tolerance it's reasonable IMO to substitute 300 for 500 or even 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, also its allot more fun to play higher [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
bankrollmanagement is overrated, its all about tableselection

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree as well. BRM is a function of the expected winrate, st.d. and Hero's risk aversion. The risk aversion is a function of the amount of BB's Hero needs to withdraw on a regular basis.

Playing with +500BB bankroll at 2/4 as a hobby player is just as silly as playing with less than 1000BB bankroll at HU15/30 as a pro.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife would kill me if I left every weekend to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

GET A NEW WIFE.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:21 AM

Maybe I should be shot but I don't even practice BRM. (Course before I met my wife I didn't balance my checkbook either, now she does it.) I just keep track of my wins/losses and as long as I'm up in the long run I stay at my current level and when I get enough hands and am beating the game I move up. So far I've been stuck at 3/6 for 30k hands and hover right around 0 BB/100.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to be aggressive with your bankroll, get 1000BB's, or at least 500BBs. Even 300BB's is too low playing short.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer 2,000BB's but I have an extremely risk averse personality. 1,000 BB's should be just fine for a normal person.

I think its funny how I will never play at a limit without 2,000 big bets but I still wont wear condoms when I have sex. (I hate condoms) I guess we're all walking contradictions one way or another.

PS: I am a pull-out jedi master. Never got a girl pregnant yet. Only got a few diseases. They were curable.

[/ QUOTE ]

B, B or V?

If I had an extended stretch of -650BB, I might fold life - I think my worst ever was ~400bb and that was monkey tilt inducing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it wasn't 650 straight, it was more like, drop 200, break even 10000 handes, drop 200bb in 2000 hands, break even for 10000, then, drop 2300 in 2500 hands one saturday.

At least I had 5000 hand run were I won 350BB right after that, so whatever. It comes and goes.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:55 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Look for fuller games. IMO players on WPX don't tighten up enough preflop when the game gets full. If you out tight them preflop and play competently postflop it will be difficult to lose.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look for fuller games. IMO players on WPX don't tighten up enough preflop when the game gets full. If you out tight them preflop and play competently postflop it will be difficult to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft - i found 7+ handed much easier to beat than shorthanded at wpex
Old 05-06-2007, 10:00 PM

I'm currently trying to build up in the micros like you after going through another downswing. I've had 3 300BB+ downswings since November of last year (a lot of hands though.) I took most of December off because the first 2 were in November almost back-to-back. Then I basically played all of January and February at break even. Things finally turned around in March and April where I had my best month ever, but now I'm back on another 300BB downswing and I tilt pretty easily now.

My bankroll managment is about the same as yours at these levels. I'm just trying to get up to 3/6+ as fast as I can because the rake is high and it's frustrating and boring to play just value town poker.

I agree that the games have changed, but I'm sure they are still beatable. I know at 1/2 and below you are basically donk bet every single hand now on some street.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My wife would kill me if I left every weekend to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

GET A NEW WIFE.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't be making anymore posts like this in week old threads I hope.