Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

Hey Jeffrey/Matt,

These 2 tournaments sound amazing. There's a couple of things I'd like to address though.. since it seems like you guys are open to suggestions I'd like to echo Bond/LuckyLloyd's opinions above + some other things.

I'm just gonna ramble so I'd like to apologize in advance..

The $2500 tourney looks amazing and seems more than generous in regards to the structure. With that in mind, the $15k event seems like it could be improved slightly.

The addition of a 25/50 level would probably be the best thing to give the players more play early especially considering you're trying to market more to the Asian high rollers in the immediate area who might get a little angry if they bust in the first level or 2.

The 500/1k + 2500/5k levels would also be amazing additions and I'm wondering why they aren't in the $15k structure like they are in the $2500. This is me being a nit though but it would be awesome if they were included too! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The $15k event would entice a ton of players who play the tourney circuit regularly to make the trip (such as me), and probably at least 10-15 of my friends who would not have otherwise made it to a $2500 main event on the other side of the world.

Also why isn't it a 3day tourney? You guys are probably expecting a very very small field but assuming high stakes cash games are available + some other reasonable comforts like reliable in-room internet (this is huge), upscale lodging, and good food then a ton of tourney circuit regs would definitely make the trip. I wouldn't make any over/under type bets but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if at least 75-100 people total would play in it. This # would depend greatly on if/how PokerStars ran satellites to the $15k, the willingness of local gamblers to risk $15k on the tourney, and a couple of other smaller variables but it isn't in the realm of possibility that a high turnout could be expected. I'm most excited to see how many locals would buyin to that tourney direct since it's the first of it's kind + such huge stakes in relation to the local currency.

I don't usually make long posts or suggestions to tournaments but upon reading this thread today I got very very excited because this would be my first Macau trip and I instantly decided I'd want to play both regardless of any plans I might have had already. (just realized on a re-read of this post that I'd be missing Thanksgiving for these tourneys)

Like I mentioned earlier, I could probably also get 10-15 of my friends who would be in the same camp as me as long as they were aware of what they were expecting once they made the long trip there and assured of a good structure for the $15k.

Not trying to knock you guys or anything btw since Matt you've been doing a hell of a good job running tourneys, with the last one being Aruba that I played under your guidance. Thanks for reading my long post.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Alan Sass

P.S. I'd love to hear some suggestions from Alan Goehring / Barry Greenstein about the $15k too if they happen to see this.

EDIT: Any way to make this like Aruba and have the final 36 players be at 6 6max tables? Personally this is the best addition that I'd love to see because it creates so much more action and is more difficult to play in general for everyone.