Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 PM

Default More action needed?

Flyin' blind on my second computer. Table has been playing RIDICULOUSLY loose because BB must be running something like 75/20/I'm-going-to-showdown-with-nothing-for-a-lot-of-bets and calls river bets with K high on a 4 straight board. I was actually shocked he didn't cold call my cap.

Other than that, villain was semi new to the table (2 orbits) and hadn't shown down a hand yet. Seriously 1/3rd of the pots are capped 3 ways PF.

Flop 3-bet is obvious, 'cause I at least have to charge draws. It's so co-ordinated that I could be staring straights, sets, or odd 2 pairs right in the face. I'm either way behind or dodging a whole lot of cards.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (16.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (19.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB
Old 08-02-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: More action needed?

During play I would consider calling the flop to check/raise the turn, then I'd think how awful it'd feel if the turn got checked through, and go ahead and 3 bet the flop. I think you should donk the turn as played, CO will play worse overpairs, maybe even something like AJ like this. He might check behind if he was pushing a draw.

Edit: I wonder if check/raising the turn as played has merits?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if check/raising the turn as played has merits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about this line, too, as our sandwiched friend definitely had a draw (likely a 9) and maybe two bets could fold him out. However, that's only a good play if we're ahead anyway. Button is going to 3-bet my CR if I'm behind, making me put in 4 BBs on turn/river.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

our sandwiched friend definitely had a draw (likely a 9) and maybe two bets could fold him out.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no chance anyone with outs against you is folding here. The pot is just too big.

I don't think you can protect your hand very much here the times you're ahead. The trick now is to balance getting value when ahead with giving action when behind.

I agree that a turn c/r exposes you too much: almost 100% of hands that beat you will threebet. I think you get threebet a lot less if you c/r the river, SpicyF style , so that might be something to consider.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:42 AM

Boringly standard here IMO. Why would we scare away by throwing a C/R in here with a villian who will be paying us off on all streets PLUS the chance that we are behind. If we C/R the turn, I would hate to get 3bet as I would be inclined to CD. And i don't want to give a freecard to the drawing 3rd guy.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:07 AM

Who is SpicyF? I've seen the name around
Old 08-06-2007, 09:35 AM

I play the flop the same. I lead the turn, call down from a raise.