Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 PM

Default 77 with 1 over on board

line check plz... villain is 30/0/1.3 over a small sample. Haven't seen him to anything spectacular one way or another

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 07-21-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: 77 with 1 over on board

Id just call down from the flop raise. 3 betting the flop lets him get away from his weaker hands like 55 66 A3 etc easier and gets the max in when youre behind. Based on your flop and turn play, you have to bet this river because checking lets him check behind when hes behind and value bet when hes ahead.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:43 PM

When you get raised on this flop, I think it's best to call down. This villain may have a Jack or a better hand than yours that isn't folding to excess action (99/88). He also may be the type to cold call preflop with QQ-AA. I mean, you don't expect this guy to have 65s/A3s, do you? You just hope to be ahead of villain (that he's making a frisky position raise), and you call down because you don't want to get pushed off the best hand. Villain with a worse hand will bet the turn and perhaps the river in desperation once you just call his flop raise.

Once you take control of the hand by 3betting the flop you are hoping villain has KQ or A3s on the turn. You also expose yourself to getting raised on the turn when you have outs vs a better hand and villain may check behind a better pair 88-TT after raising the flop (giving you a free 2 out card).

I think the river is fine, though it looks very bad once he bets. But with 8.75 bets in the pot you have to call.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id just call down from the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-21-2007, 11:50 PM

I think you can probably fold the river. He is checking behind any hand you are ahead. I hate the flop 3-bet, and I probably chuck this on the turn a lot unless I have seen this guy make moves with air. He is playing pretty tight pf, and his aggression is fairly low, so when he cold-calls pf and then raises the flop I think we are behind here most often.

So I probably fold the turn, but I definitely fold the river. And I think the flop 3-ball is awful.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:46 AM

I don't know what you mean by "small sampel" But if we do trust your reads I think you should fold against this opponent. When he c/r you are most likely busted with just two outs. Folding flop would probably save you 1 SB in this flop, but you shouldn't do that to often for metagame reasons. Let him fire again on turn and then fold. 3-betting flop seems to much here...
Old 07-22-2007, 04:11 AM

Anyone who wants to fold the turn should consider folding to the flop c/r instead. Hero doesnt have odds to peel (LDO) and have no reason to think that villain will check behind the turn very often. (And when he will check behind the turn its when Q-A turns and he checks his JT)

Small sample = how many hands? The 3 and 4 isnt really in his coldcalling range that much if VPIP = 30 is true. I think you can muck it on the flop. If its a real small sample I would call down. BTW note that VPIP is the fastest converging "standard"-stat.