Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Donk the turn?

Villain is OK but a bit LAGish (34/22/1.7). When he raises the flop here I'm 90% sure he has at least K, like AK, KQ, KJ, KT. Could also be bigger (set, odd 2P... he's made a few weird button raises prior). He also has shot off a few hands with only 1 pair.

If we lead the turn, UTG likely calls, and Button will prob call with his K as well (net +2BB). I don't see him raising, but he has shot off before like I said.

If we c/r the turn, we certainly fold out UTG and likely get called down by a K. Button also could have gotten tricky on flop and raised with a missed hand or a draw, like QJ with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or such.

My standard play when I've got a hand and can't decide how to play it is to just jam the pot, 'cause betting with the best hand really can't be that wrong.

Still wanted to think about this hand away from the table though.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ???
Old 07-15-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Donk the turn?

I would have bet the flop given our position wrt pf raiser. Given you didn't I would bet the turn.

It's going to look like you have a monster calling 2 cold then betting but getting it checked through is a disaster.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:38 PM

you cant bet the turn, if they are paying attn and don't suck alarms will be going off after your flop play. you should have bet the flop, since you didnt you should have c/3bet. the play now that you're here is c/r and hope utg tries to draw with a q or j.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you cant bet the turn, if they are paying attn and don't suck alarms will be going off after your flop play. you should have bet the flop, since you didnt you should have c/3bet. the play now that you're here is c/r and hope utg tries to draw with a q or j.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM

yeah betting flop is best. once u dont, ck 3betting is better than just calling. once u dont do that try to cr turn.

i duno why u think utg always fold for 2, Qc calls almost always still as does a set (not impossible in his range many will wait for a safe turn with that) or TPGK esp with a redraw of any kind probably call very often as well.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:47 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

slooooowplay is fine, but once it goes bet-raise you have to call and audible and check-3bet.