Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 04:23 PM

Default AA OoP capped 4-ways PF... line help

I really felt like I had to b/3b the flop just to force out smaller pairs that have called for 1 bet and won't call 2 more.

Once the turn falls, my hand is all but worthless IMO. This was capped 4-ways, right? OoP, I don't want to bet and get raised, so I opt to check/call. (Anyone lead here?)

When it gets checked through, I'm putting MP on AQ/QT and UTG on an AK, AJ or TT type hand. UTG could have been getting tricky with AT here looking to trap with the nuts.

River sucks too. I'm only beating AK, AQ, QT, TT and can get raised by a whole slew of hands that beat me, so I check. Getting 14:1, I think it's an auto-call on the river, but what if MP had called the river? Should I still overcall there? I'd say yes just 'cause of the pot size but still feel like asking.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (13 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

River: (13 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 06-24-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Re: AA OoP capped 4-ways PF... line help

wow dude, this is bad, not only the action in the hand but ur comments are kinda ridiculous.

ATo is not a capping hand for most utgs, MP could have any crap with his cold call QT Q9 AQ KT and utg could have AK AQ, AJ w a bdfd

u do have to bet 3bet this flop, its great for u actually that u got to, to fold out any 5 outters by facing them with 2 bets cold (since theyd pretty much be getting the odds to call actually)

cking the turn is pretty bad once it doesnt get capped by MP with the player in the middle, alot of hands that will call will now be scared and wont bet themselves. If MPs getting cheeky with a set to squeeze out an extra bb on the turn then so be it. yes it ll suck everytime u bet and call down a raise on this board but thats what u gotta do. after the turn gets checked thru definitely bet the river, calling utgs raise will suck tho but we gotta do it for the rare AK or KQ that didnt go for an overcall for some reason

edit to add overcalling on the river is not an issue in the least, u either got utg beat or u dont and u will 14:1 (AK alone is enough of his range vs JJ QQ or KK the latter which probably raises the flop, throw in KQ if hed cap that suited and we re golden on a river call, mucho deniro in EV)
Old 06-24-2007, 09:06 PM

i'm not sure i agree that the turn is a must bet. it looks to me like we are behind too often to a two-pair or set. is this weak thinking?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not sure i agree that the turn is a must bet. it looks to me like we are behind too often to a two-pair or set. is this weak thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the kind of thinking I was having... I gave the UTG raiser a good deal of credit capping PF. If his range is 99-AA, AJs+, AQo+, KQs, then AA really does pretty crappy against that matchup on the turn.

If the turn had bricked, I certainly fire it.

Since we were OoP I went slow not wanting to face a raise from the myriad of sets and 2Ps that we can be walking into.