Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Default I crush but I still need advice(Warning! stats and brag content)

After july I decided to divide my time between limit and no-limit.Even if I am a long-term winner of 1.4BB/100 in limit I have really started to hate the variance that comes with limit. This year alone Iīve had one 550 BB, and two 350 BB downswings and it kills me since my number one priority is to win 3000 dollars a month in a steady pace.

My first real effort at No-limit has stunned me. My stats below shows why.Can people suck so hard playing this game so that you can win more playing almost micro-stakes than you can win playing a good 5/10 game using extreme table selection?
And that with no table selection whatsoever.

I have some questions about totally different things.

1.I have played 20 days*2 hours in august. I havenīt lost money a single day. The way I play No-limit (nitty) seems to be totally variance free compared to limit.Is that a correct observation or am I wrong?
2. Against all the tighties at the table raising many flops with air and/or representing/bluffing every scare card on every street with a 2/3 to pot bet seems to be a sure winner if you stop when you get called on that particular street and another scare card doesnīt emerge on next street. That combined with value betting with the nuts and against the fish seems to be the key if we are generalizing. Does anyone else share this simplified view of playing NL100?
3. I was planning to play a lot more hands before moving up to NL200 but winning almost 20-buy ins must be enough to make the transition even if it is a small sample. What do you think? And what is the main difference between NL100 and NL200 generally speaking?
4. After I saw sethypooh21 stat post I`ve tightened up my NL play.However I feel that I maybe play too tight and that Iīm not enough position aware. If someone could point out some stats that seems to not correlate with common wisdom I would be greatful.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: I crush but I still need advice(Warning! stats and brag content)

I'm betting you played exactly the same times each day, and it just happened to be the best possible time.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:20 PM

well im definitely not knowledgeable, but I think many people would tell you that your PFR is a little low compared to your VPIP, which means are you are prolly overlimping in spots where you would be better suited raising to punish weak limpers.

Im kinda in the same spot as you, im doing very well so far, but Im hesitant to move up because I think lots of it has to do with running well, because from the hands ive posted and the responses ive gotten I still feel Im not playing anywhere near close to "good". But yeah, the opposition at 100NL is insanely bad. And I understand why NL punishes the bad players much worse than limit. Its so funny to watch the fish time and time again make itty bitty bets and raises with monster hands, and constantly pay off in big pots with mediocre holdings.

You can always move up and give 200NL a 5 buyin shot and see how it goes. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting you played exactly the same times each day, and it just happened to be the best possible time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is correct that I play app. the same time (except for the weekends)

But I play the same time when I play limit. But even when I have my really good months I have days when I win a 1000 dollars and I have days when I lose like 800.And during those top months Iīm maybe winning 60% of the days and are losing 40%.
So the comparison between limit and no-limit regarding day-to day variance is still there.