Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Annette plays $4.40 180 blind... and wins.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my whole point is that people are praising annette tremendously for something that:

- isn't very skillful
- isn't that long of a shot to happen

I personally don't think that it's a big deal, and I also think that the odds that someone playing this blind is much better than 1/5000 - I'd say it's closer to 1/1500

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl so you think there is a 0.0006666667 % chance that somebody could do this but don't consider it to be "impressive" or "not that long of a shot to happen"? Awesome. Between you and playallday I think this thread has knocked my IQ down several points.

[/ QUOTE ]

where the hell did you pull that percentage out of?

1/100 is 1%, 1/1000 is 0.1%, 1/10000 is 0.01%, I dunno what the [censored] number yours is

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I messed up, I forgot to convert everything. Still, wtf dude a tenth of a percent is still a [censored] longshot. You have much better odds of beating AA with 22 on an AK8 rainbow flop to put it into perspective. So yeah, you're still a downie.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:18 AM

theres a lot of posts in this thread i did not read
Old 07-23-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my whole point is that people are praising annette tremendously for something that:

- isn't very skillful

I personally don't think that it's a big deal, and I also think that the odds that someone playing this blind is much better than 1/5000 - I'd say it's closer to 1/1500

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl so you think there is a 0.0006666667 % chance that somebody could do this but don't consider it to be "impressive" or "not that long of a shot to happen"? Awesome. Between you and playallday I think this thread has knocked my IQ down several points.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/100 is 1%, 1/1000 is 0.1%, 1/10000 is 0.01%, I dunno what the [censored] number yours is

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I messed up, I forgot to convert everything. Still, wtf dude a tenth of a percent is still a [censored] longshot. You have much better odds of beating AA with 22 on an AK8 rainbow flop to put it into perspective. So yeah, you're still a downie.

[/ QUOTE ]

MUCH better? In a post criticizing hyperbole? Head asplode.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I bet a reasonably good player, over time, could have a 10% ROI in these without looking at their cards

[/ QUOTE ]
you sire are retarted.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not that big of a longshot

a tenth of a percent is winning 10 coinflips in a row, or winning a 1000 person tournament

do you think people on this site have won 10 coinflips in a row? or won a tournament? of course it's happened...

random person: OMG I'VE WON 10 COINFLIPS IN A ROW!!
A: die in a grease fire
B: bla bla boring lol donkaments
C: with so many hands you're eventually going to win 10 in a row
D: that's not that big of a deal

relative to other achievements here this is pretty boring
Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- isn't very skillful

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between 1500-1 and 1000-1 is pretty significant.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- isn't very skillful

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between 1500-1 and 1000-1 is pretty significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess. Bear in mind all sorts of hedge words and [censored] though. You said "a tenth of a percent is still a [censored] longshot" and then compared it to 22 sucking out as MUCH more likely, when 22 sucking out is almost exactly a tenth of a percent. He also said its CLOSER to 1500 to 1, not at minimum 1500 to 1.

I guess my point is sort of nitty, but when you are ripping him for exaggerating a bit, it seems pretty silly to exaggerate a bit, or blow things out of proportion.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not that big of a longshot

a tenth of a percent is winning 10 coinflips in a row, or winning a 1000 person tournament

do you think people on this site have won 10 coinflips in a row? or won a tournament? of course it's happened...

random person: OMG I'VE WON 10 COINFLIPS IN A ROW!!
A: die in a grease fire
B: bla bla boring lol donkaments
C: with so many hands you're eventually going to win 10 in a row
D: that's not that big of a deal

relative to other achievements here this is pretty boring

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh you could use that example with pretty much any figure within reason to try to discredit something. It depends how often one situation comes up first of all, you don't go on just straight odds alone on something like this. For example you are 8 times more likely to get one outed by an inferior set all in on the flop than you are to be dealt AA on a random deal, which would you consider a longshot? I've only seen blind play in a tournament attempted a few other times and I've never seen anybody make a respectable finish, let alone win. She ran sick well in every facet of the tournament but regardless it's still very impressive. I'm sure there are other people who can do it or have done it before, but you're acting like it's easy or not worth discussing which is incredibly naive imo.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 AM

This thread reminds of a chris rock joke that ends something like

"sure, you can do it. That doesn't mean it's to be done."
Old 07-23-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I presume that this troll thinks that annette will take an even money bet of her doing it again right?

if annette takes 1:1 odds on her doing it again (for a significant amount of money), and wins again, I would be quite impressed

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I would be shocked if she did. It would be really stupid of her to claim she was "sure" she could do it again.

Right?

I'm sure you can see why she wouldn't make that claim.

2. Troll? You come into this thread to minimize the brag of the OP and make ridiculous claims... yet you think you are not the only troll here?

People don't need to go in every thread and try to make themselves look better by minimizing the accomplishments of others.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] off you wanker.