Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Annette plays $4.40 180 blind... and wins.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I presume that this troll thinks that annette will take an even money bet of her doing it again right?

if annette takes 1:1 odds on her doing it again (for a significant amount of money), and wins again, I would be quite impressed

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I would be shocked if she did. It would be really stupid of her to claim she was "sure" she could do it again.

Right?

I'm sure you can see why she wouldn't make that claim.

2. Troll? You come into this thread to minimize the brag of the OP and make ridiculous claims... yet you think you are not the only troll here?

People don't need to go in every thread and try to make themselves look better by minimizing the accomplishments of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its definitely not a level, because this isn't even trying to be funny. Too much angst. This is pocketfives for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt put money at 1:1 on this if she could see her cards, as well as the cards of the players in seats 1 to 6
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I presume that this troll thinks that annette will take an even money bet of her doing it again right?

if annette takes 1:1 odds on her doing it again (for a significant amount of money), and wins again, I would be quite impressed

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I would be shocked if she did. It would be really stupid of her to claim she was "sure" she could do it again.

Right?

2. Troll? You come into this thread to minimize the brag of the OP and make ridiculous claims... yet you think you are not the only troll here?

People don't need to go in every thread and try to make themselves look better by minimizing the accomplishments of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its definitely not a level, because this isn't even trying to be funny. Too much angst. This is pocketfives for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half right. No leveling. But also no angst. Also no pocketfives.

So I guess you are 1/3 right.

So I guess it's safe to change the original claim to "not at all sure I could do it so i'd better get 5000-1 odds."?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt put money at 1:1 on this if she could see her cards, as well as the cards of the players in seats 1 to 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt we do that thread in like Special Sklansky Forum or something?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess it's safe to change the original claim to "not at all sure I could do it so i'd better get 5000-1 odds."?

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand that some things are more or less likely than 50/50 right? And that it is still possible to wager on these things?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a sick feat- anyone saying otherwise is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people feel forced to assert their own coolness by belittling any accomplishments of others.

I don't get that mindset and never will.

That was my point. Someone thinks it's so easy and is "sure they could do it"... yeah, turns out they mean they think they could do it if they got 5000 attempts. Well, that's quite a different thing, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

she did this on her first try?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. Don't even know who she is.

All I know is that in trying to minimize her accomplishments, you way overstated your claim and are now backing out.

Anyone can claim anything if they subsequently give themselves 5,000 tries, or 5,000 to 1 odds.

Do you want to bet straight up or not?

You said you were sure you could do it. Is your position now that you are 1/5000th sure you could do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can claim ANYTHING based on 5,000 tries? I'll bet you you cant win the Sunday Million without looking, even with 5,000 tries. I'd even bet grando he couldn't!

Heck, even annette!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they could do it, I said they could CLAIM it.

Do you see why that is relevant to this discussion? Look hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really get it. Anyone can claim anything with any number of tries, from 1 to even 5,000. Why is the number of tries relevant to whether they can CLAIM it or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly right.

It is ridiculous of me to claim to be "sure" I'm able to do something, and then demand 5,000-1 odds. If i can do that, then I can walk around insulting anyone and belittling anything... then when I am called on it I can just say "Well, by sure i could do it, I didn't mean, like, just go out and do it. I meant it would be worth trying if I stood to win a lot of money while I risked nothing."

Of course the odds are stilted because it's not easy to do, which was the point of the original post... which your subsequent posts about this bet prove true.

So you went from bragging about how easy this was to demanding giant odds because it's so difficult...

Do you see why that's ironic?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:20 PM

THATS RIGHT POCKET FIVES

SEX

WITH ANNETTE

btw i've never seen a person's words get twisted as much as grando's has

this was a rebuy tournament right? plus she said she peeked at a hand. to use the basketball analogy, yeah when they pull the guy out of the crowd at halftime and he makes the full court shot, it's pretty cool

pretty

cool
Old 07-22-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand that some things are more or less likely than 50/50 right? And that it is still possible to wager on these things?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're Grover's bff, or what the deal is, but you seem to be missing the point.

Everything you post supports what I'm saying. Of course there are things that are not 50/50.

Some things are so incredibly hard that someone might demand 5000-1 odds to try?

See it yet?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you're Grover's bff, or what the deal is, but you seem to be missing the point.

Everything you post supports what I'm saying. Of course there are things that are not 50/50.

Some things are so incredibly hard that someone might demand 5000-1 odds to try?

See it yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, you are the one who doesn't see it. When grando said he could do it, it was IMMEDIATELY obvious to everyone who gambles that he didn't mean he could do it every single time, or even more often than half the time. Thats what gambling is. I feel like I'm explaining this to an 8 year old.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some things require so much luck in addition to the 3 working brain cells that someone might demand 5000-1 odds to try?

[/ QUOTE ]

i went ahead and fixed your post there

do u c it

yet?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:24 PM

Thank you CC for bringing some hilarity to this mind-boggling thread. I'm too stunned to do it justice.