Attention grabbing jewerly 9 6.04%
Your person is themed (Emo,Gangsta,Punk,Goth) 5 3.36%
None of the above 87 58.39%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

[ QUOTE ]

- Wear PJs to bed - usually I just sleep in boxers or sometimes basketball shorts but the fact that I'm freezing ass cold when I get out of bed in the morning is a HUGE deterrent to doing so. Putting on warm clothes in bed = not freezing cold = more open to getting out of bed.
- Use an alarm but make sure you have to get out of bed to turn it off.
- Consider using a second alarm which is farther away than the first one, is more annoying, and is set to a time later than the first one when you basically have to get out of bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree w the warm clothing thing and the alarms

in high school, at one point, i had 3

now i do 1 cell phone on the other side of the room
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM

My essay is just straight up naaaaasty. Who wants a read? You'll enjoy it, I promise.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM

+1 to warm clothing or at least set the min temperature of the room to be reasonable for when u wake up...

cell phone away from the bed seems logical, but didn't work for me anyway as i would literally get up, snooze the phone and bring it back with me into bed, i was hopeless during those times
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense nath, but isn't this a sign of depression??

[/ QUOTE ]
It might be! I have noticed that when I'm getting laid, it's a lot easier to wake up early and be excited about life. I guess I'm not that excited about my day-to-day right now. And I'm visiting some friends in Louisiana, so I miss Austin already. This is comfortable, but very inert, so yeah, it can be depressing. I'm also not exactly known for stable brain chemistry.

[ QUOTE ]
also, not sure, but isn't adderall for attention problems, if it's for depression as well, sorry, i'm dumb

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah it is. On the other hand, it's basically pharmaceutical speed, so that helps with depression.

[ QUOTE ]
in college, and sometimes now, i kept my ipod next to my bed and would turn it on and it would eventually get me up

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I tried setting up an alarm clock that played awesome music from my computer. Several attempts at this led me to wake up, get out of bed, turn it off, and go back to bed, every single time.

[ QUOTE ]
My alarm is the Bill Fillmaff theme song blasting on my cell phone, and it works pretty [censored] well for at least getting me to get out of bed to turn it off (even if sometimes I get right back into bed) because while it is comedic genius, it's also pretty annoying after the 500th morning you've woken up to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, I'm worried about something like this, because I don't want to be woken up by something annoying. That would set a bad tone for my day, and I already don't like waking up as it is. I like being awake, but I hate transitioning from asleep -&gt; awake (for that matter, I'm not crazy about awake -&gt; asleep either).
Old 11-27-2007, 05:37 PM

nath,

Doc won't authorize refill over the phone? Try drinking some NyQuil a few hours before you normally go to bed. Your body should sleep the routine number of hours allowing you to get up on time. Obviously, this is not a long term solution.

Also, Whites Stripes are good. One of the few non-80's early '90's bands that I listen to regularly.

Have you actually ever just gotten out of bed and snorted a line to prepare yourself for the day? That just scares me...

So “office hot” Deloitte auditor in my office this week. Have talked to her a little bit, but not too much luck thus far. One comment about where I was with a large group of coworkers and she was waiting for the elevator with us and I jokingly asked if she was coming with us too – she didn’t seem to get it (she is, afterall, and auditor).

Another comment recently as she moved from a conference room to a table in the corner of our building and I complimented her on her promotion to the corner office – again, she didn’t get it.

So my question to you all – how best to get this chick naked as obviously my wit and charm aren’t getting it done …… yet.

Reads: Asian w/ blue contacts (or super freaky recessive genes). Likely Chinese.
Looks about 28. No history.

No pics plz ktks.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 PM

Snipe,

If she has half a brain she knows that banging your client's employees is not the way to advance in public accounting.

If you sense she doesn't care about that, then just ask her if she would like to hit up Happy Hour one night (preferably with a group from your office). Then you can put your moves on her.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 PM

this is an article on sleep cycles:

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lif...eep-cycle.html

basically, it says u have 90 min cycles and u will feel tired if u are interrupted if the cycles are not completed...

not sure if this means much because it's not easy for everyone to fall asleep at a designated time in order to fulfill a cycle by the time the alarm goes off, but just some insight into it...

a roommate in college was big on this and actually set his sleep cycle accordingly
Old 11-27-2007, 05:44 PM

The clothing thing doesn't matter much because I live in Texas. It's not cold.

As far as the alarm goes, that would be great, but I need some reason to actually stay up after I've gotten up to turn it off. Otherwise I just say "[censored] this" and go back to bed, every time.
Closed Thread