Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: NL100 - Who\'s house is nicer?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
figured if I shove, he calls with a lower pp a decent amount of the time, folds a mid pp a fraction of the time, calls w/ overcards to snap off my bluff a reasonable amount of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems kinda backwards

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there are some contradictory arguments there, however I reconcile this with the fact that a) he's an unknown, b) he's a drooler who is likely fairly inconsistent in his decision making.

This is really my simple mental equity calc if that makes any sense.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whose house???

run's house

[/ QUOTE ]

NH
Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 PM

The villain is a weak and loose. His line on this hand shows significant strength. If the min raise preflop isn't a play villain has been making his range is going to be very small.

Villain's thought process is going to be along the lines of "I have AA. I always lose with AA, but I know I should bet. I KNOW!!! I'll just min raise." Villain followed that up by CHECK RAISING you on the flop. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first time villain had check raised anyone today.

His range is QQ+ with a rare JJ, 6x and bluff. Unless you have some kind of read you're not telling us about you should fold.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Can't really disagree with you Recliner. I think you make some very good points.

As far as reads that were omitted go, I've certainly been isolating the guy relentlessly with pretty much ATC which I find usually has some very erratic effects.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:42 PM

I'd need more than 3 numbers to make this call. Is minibetting preflop his standard? How does he play an overcard on the turn if an overcard drops? Will he stack off with 77,55-22 if you shove? I don't think he is bluffing, but at the same time i could see villain doing this with a low pocket pair. The thing is if you push he is calling with AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99 but he might fold 55,44,33,22. You are right it is an equity calculation, but you need to consider his calling range and not his raising range. I'd need a read here that he'll stack off with any pocket pair before I do anything but fold here.