Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Successful LAG ?

So im playing a little bit NL at the lowest micros at stars. I actually have some NL experience from a couple of SNG/Tourneys both online and offline. (And of course i have harrington on holdem) I play for fun and as a training for the ultrasoft 1/2 at my local cardroom.

My style is like: Any suited connector from 23s - AKs, all pairs 22-AA, suited broadway + AQ/KQ/KJ. I adjust if not in position, and i will always (!) limp when possible. If i donīt make 2 pair (or better) or a quality draw (oesd/flush) i fold. I donīt draw without the right odds.

Can this be successful for NL2-NL25 ? I really hate all those tight nits, itīs too boring for me...
Old 09-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Successful LAG ?

The style you describe isn't LAG its typical loose passive fish who is too weak tight postflop. Basically the dream opponent. Sorry.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-08-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Successful LAG ?

Are you playing full ring or 6max. In 6max, the "always limp when possible" is horrible. Change that to "never limp" and you have a start. If you are playing full ring, it is okay to limp from early positino with SC and PP, but you still need to raise from later positions.

The postflop play you describe can be profitable with very low risk in some loose full ring games--you are basically nut-pedalling--but it will get you killed in 6max. You will be missing lots of value in full ring, but not lots of chance of going broke fast either.

You should develop more postflop skills so you are more comfortable playing hands that are not the nuts.

Also, LAG does not refer to playing lots of hands, it refers to raising lots of hands PF.