Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: #1 selling next gen console: The Wii

I don't have one (or any of the next-gen systems, for that matter), but pretty much all my friends do. It's great for drunken casual gaming. By the end of this year they'll have a few more titles I'm interested in and I might consider getting it, but now that 360 has Bioshock, I'm torn again.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 AM

here is what i posted 8/1:

[ QUOTE ]
wii should overtake 360 for the lead in September, and have a 2-3mil lead by 12/31/07 and a 12-13mil lead by 8/1/08

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like i underestimated it once again
Old 08-23-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

its a gamecube with a motion sensor controller but i still bought one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop saying this you morons. The graphics and load times are a big step up from gamecube. In fact one of my favorite things about the Wii so far is the very short load times, especially noticeable on Madden 08.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nexgenwars.com has the 360 at 11.1m and the Wii at 10.1m.

[/ QUOTE ]

OT, but why does Google say that nexgenwars.com "may harm my computer"? It's the first time Google has told me this about any site.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

its a gamecube with a motion sensor controller but i still bought one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop saying this you morons. The graphics and load times are a big step up from gamecube. In fact one of my favorite things about the Wii so far is the very short load times, especially noticeable on Madden 08.

[/ QUOTE ]

You fanboys really need to be given custom titles so no one takes you seriously. There hasn't been a single Wii game to date that has looked any better than the best GC games, and certainly nothing that's a "big step up." Load times? Alllright.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 PM

i love my wii, and the only reason i bought it over the 360 is i live with my girlfriend.

if i lived on my own, i'd get an xbox 360 so i could play online with my bros and friends. (may get a 360 in a month or two anyway)

i can play mario party 8, mario strikers, wii bowling and wii tennis with my girlfriend and she loves it! if i bought the 360, she would never touch it. for me, it's been worth it for the multiplayer games and gf participation.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:59 PM

I love my Wii too FWIW, and I support Nintendo and its business model. That doesn't change the fact that it's been a disappointment in terms of graphics and game selection though, and it's ridiculous how people try to cover that up. We finally get the second AAA title this week though so maybe that'll make this all moot.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 PM

It's pretty laughable that you're calling me a fanboy in here. I'm not bashing any other system, I'm just saying that the Wii is graphically superior to the gamecube, which is fact.

Load times for the Wii are down significantly which is awesome.

As for the graphics, this is the first generation of Wii games and as everyone knows first gen graphics are not even close to maxing out a system's capabilities. The fact that these are on par with or better than the best gamecube had to offer says a lot about the graphical capability of the system. If you add component cables to your setup, the graphics are markedly better than those of the gamecube.

The fact that you are disappointed with the graphics of the Wii tells me that you're a moron. Nintendo has said from the beginning that the graphics will be better than the gamecube but not next gen. They have delivered on that promise.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:35 PM

I've seen a few people say it, but I just don't get it...

Why are graphics so important to gamers?

I thought gameplay was all that really mattered.

I can accept inferior graphics as long as I'm having a great time. however, I cannot accept a pretty game if the damn thing is boring.

This is not a slam against any system, it is just an opinion.

Most games from this gen and the last gen for that matter have failed to live up to the fun I had with some of the older games I've spent countless hours on.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen a few people say it, but I just don't get it...

Why are graphics so important to gamers?

I thought gameplay was all that really mattered.

I can accept inferior graphics as long as I'm having a great time. however, I cannot accept a pretty game if the damn thing is boring.

This is not a slam against any system, it is just an opinion.

Most games from this gen and the last gen for that matter have failed to live up to the fun I had with some of the older games I've spent countless hours on.

[/ QUOTE ]

If gameplay was "all that mattered" we could all be playing old school Nintendo. Obviously it does matter to many.