Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Report: Al Qaeda Planning Summer Terror Spectacular

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"This is reminiscent of the warnings and intelligence we were getting in the summer of 2001," the official told ABCNews.com."

[/ QUOTE ]

July 26, 2001 -- John Ashcroft removes all commercial airline flights from his travel plans
q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

Condoleezza Rice called San Francisco mayor Willie Brown the day before September 11th and told him to stay out of the air that week
Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Condoleezza Rice called San Francisco mayor Willie Brown the day before September 11th and told him to stay out of the air that week

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a fact? You guys in the US are soooo gullible! LOL
Old 07-03-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to end terrorism it's simple : stop occupying countries. Terrorism is directly caused by occupation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What country were we occupying on 9/11?

[/ QUOTE ]

google my friend.

Military occupation is the period of time following a nation's territory invasion by an enemy faction(military) - wikipedia

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, what country were we occupying on 9/11? We had not invaded Saudi Arabia. We had been invited to protect them from Iraq during the first Gulf War.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a fact? You guys in the US are soooo gullible! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm waiting for someone to chime in with the "fact" that every Jew working in the WTC was called on the morning of 9/11 and told not to report to work.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to end terrorism it's simple : stop occupying countries. Terrorism is directly caused by occupation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What country were we occupying on 9/11? And having some troops in a country does not equal occupation. Osama's primary grievance against the US was the presence of US troops in Saudi Arabia. Those troops were placed in Saudi Arabia at the request of the Saudi government during the first Gulf War. After the first Gulf War ended, the US had about 5,000 troops in military bases in Saudi Arabia. Those troops had almost no interaction with the Saudi population and played no roll in the Saudi government. The presence of those troops in no way amounted to an occupation, but Osama used that as a justification to kill thousands of innocent civilians.

The fact is that the Osama and other radical Islamists will attack us no matter what we do. Do you really think that someone who will kill thousands of innocent civilians because of some troops in the middle of the desert can be reasoned with? Of course not.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put it another way: Is it just random that terrorists attacked the US? Of course not. There is a reason, even when it's wrong and just be fought against. "What have we done wrong to deserve this" should be a consern, still I don't hear any US politician asking this.

It's correct that the US wasn't occupying anyone directly at the time of 911. But it shouldn't be too hard to figure out why parts of the world would be mad at the US either, now would it? Again, I'm not defending terrorists by any means, but I still feel it's important to ask these questions now and then.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Lol ok lets see, America helped organize and execute the 1991 invasion of Iraq which killed thousands. America throughout the Cold War overthrew and propped up unpopular Middle Eastern govenments such as the Shah of Iran. America has been a long time supporter and permanant ally of Israel, and have therefore indirectly contributed to the death of thousands of other Muslims. America before 9/11 enforced sanctions against Iraq which may have killed thousands of other innocent civilians (obviously also Saddams fault).

Of course you are right, they hate us for our freedom, dammit!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, I have been absolutely sickened by some of the conspiracy theory posts that have been popping up in this forum over the past couple of weeks. To suggest that the US government orchestrated the attacks of 9/11 is despicable and insult to the people who lost their lives that day. It is on par with Holocaust denial in my opinion. Although I am opposed to outright censorship, I think Nielsio should be vehemently shouted down and shunned from this board. Although Borodog and I have had our disagreements in the past, I commend him for helping debunk the nonsense that Nielsio has been spewing.

Regards,
Steven Bickford

[/ QUOTE ]

Extreme right wing group outlines plan for global dominance in THE PROJECT FOR A NEW AMERICAN CENTURY, in which they state that they would need a "new Pearl Harbor" to implement their policies. Extreme right wing group makes it to White House. Within a year, a "new pearl harbor" takes place, allowing group to implement their policies. The attack is allegedly implemented by a former CIA operative whose family has extremely close ties to the Bush's. The administration claims no prior knowledge of the planned attack.

This series of events doesn't seem odd to you? You don't think valuable questions can be raised here? I think to accept everything you have been told is to be extremely naive. And the fact you are reacting so emotionally (bringing up both the 9/11 families and the holocaust!)leads me to believe that on a deep level, you yourself feel some in congruency with your beliefs.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Man how many of these get off the original topic.