Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 04:17 PM

Default What the anarchcapitalists need to understand: Moral clarity

I have been lurking in these forums for a while and refrained from posting, but I can no longer hold my toungue (or fingers if you will).

There are a large number of anarchocapitalists in here who advocate a complete lack of government. According to them, government is immoral because it forces people to engage in involuntary transactions.

Unfortuntately, these ACers miss out on the much bigger picture: The government NEEDS to supply and impose moral clarity, both at home and abroad. Without government as a source of moral clarity, this world will be headed for a crisis of biblical proportions.

If you ACers are delusional if you think we can survive in this world of grave threats without government. And yes some of the sources of those grave threats are governments. But those are bad governments. And the only way that we can fight those bad governments is with a government of our own that possesses moral clarity. Imagine how WW II would have turned out if America was merely an AC territory. If it were not for the US government, we would all be speaking German and Japanese now. Do you think the ACers would have fought to save the world? I don't think so. Where was Murray Rothbard when the Germans invaded Poland and the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor? Rothbard was born a Jew, but he was too busy studying at Columbia to bother to fight to saves the lives of innocent Jews being slaughtered by Hitler. That seems to be typical of the anarchocapitalists in here. They talk all day about the importance of freedom, yet the only freedom that they seem to be willing to do anything about is their own. There are billions of people in this world living under repressive regimes and ACers think that problem can be magically solved by simply wishing that all governments dissolve. Guess what: that will never happen so stop talking about it.

The fact is that we need a government leaders that have moral clarity and are willing to fight for it. George Bush is the perfect example of a leader with moral clarity. Bush saw the threat being posed by dictators and Islamic fundamentalists and had the courage to take action against it by confronting Saddam Hussien. Yes the war in Iraq is not going perfectly, but the world is better off now that a brutal dictator is gone and the world understands that America is willing to fight for freedom and democracy world wide.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: What the anarchcapitalists need to understand: Moral clarity

[ QUOTE ]
George Bush is the perfect example of a leader with moral clarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, boy.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you elaborate on that?

I admit that Bush made mistakes earlier in his life. He has made some mistakes while President, but the mistake were in the execution of his vision and not the vision itslef. As President, Bush has always maintained a clear and consistent moral vision and has had the courage to stick with that vision.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM

English translation:

Blah blah blah, we need people to step up and tell everyone else what to do, and kill them if they don't comply. Blah blah blah.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
English translation:

Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like every post I've seen you make: Blah blah blah, no goverment, blah blah blah kumbaya.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you elaborate on that?

I admit that Bush made mistakes earlier in his life. He has made some mistakes while President, but the mistake were in the execution of his vision and not the vision itslef. As President, Bush has always maintained a clear and consistent moral vision and has had the courage to stick with that vision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think many people would argue that this is precisely the problem. No individual should have the resources and power to execute his personal vision by force. Bill Gates has had some pretty nice visions of the world, none of which required coercing a single other individual.Good ideas don't need to be enforced at the barrel of a gun.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
English translation:

Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like every post I've seen you make: Blah blah blah, no goverment, blah blah blah kumbaya.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how many of my posts have you seen, Chief Four Posts?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blah blah blah, no goverment, blah blah blah kumbaya.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was funny. However, future posts along these lines will not be considered funny. Hint, hint.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM

Worst. Pro-government argument. Ever.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think many people would argue that this is precisely the problem. No individual should have the resources and power to execute his personal vision by force. Bill Gates has had some pretty nice visions of the world, none of which required coercing a single other individual.Good ideas don't need to be enforced at the barrel of a gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

So maybe we should just tell Osama Bin Laden nicely to stop trying to kill us and everything will be okay.