Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Arrested at Foxwoods and banned for life

[ QUOTE ]

I tried to cash out my chips immediately after this happened but the supervisor or whatever told me I could not and the State Police would be there in a second.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard disclaimer that I'm no lawyer and am just making this up based on a bunch of Law & Order episodes I've seen, etc etc:
But this sounds dangerously close to unlawful detainment.
They wouldn't let you cash-out your chips and practically insisted that you weren't allowed to leave because the cops were on the way.
You had done nothing wrong. No reason why you shouldn't have been allowed to leave and I don't think they could legally keep you from cashing-out your chips without a valid reason which I don't believe this was.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:10 AM

meh i really dont want to argue this. just to clarify above i was allowed to trade them for cash but told to stick around. honestly this is not a big deal, we all signed in with wamptum cards, were talking to each other at the table and addressing each other by name. they could easily figure out who we were based on what time we sat and then move onto the names, addresses, and telephone numbers registered. yes, i could sit there and refuse to talk and try to leave but the results would have ended up the same only maybe 12-24 hours later and the charges would probably initially be much more severe due to pissed off cops.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 AM

can some one clifnotse theis rtread ? xcuz i'm cruos
Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meet me at fox-woods. 1-2 NL rulz

ive seen numerous people all riled up getting the boot there. almost been in like 5 fights myself with drunken punks who run their mouth. its just cause ct sucks so bad that everyone releases their aggression, for having to live in this awful state, on others when they get all drunk. i bet in a month youd have no problem getting back in

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread clearly shows the idea of American culture and the way how American people think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post clearly shows your mastery of the english language.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread clearly shows the idea of American culture and the way how American people think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post clearly shows your mastery of the english language.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry for that.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Looking back on it I'd have to say that not a single part of this from start to finish was avoidable.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, this was 100% avoidable if you didnt snitch

It wouldnt matter if her was your identical [censored] twin all you do is go "never saw him before today".

Whats the worst they can do, charge you with obstruction of justice? Big [censored] deal, they cant make that stick, and you've got an awesome story to tell and something to hold over TJs head for the rest of your life "yo, you remember that time I got arrested just to save your ass...you are buying me another beer!"

Id be PISSED if one of my friends let me down on this

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar is pwning this thread.
Where in the hell did you guys grow up where this is acceptable friend behavior? Back when I was 13 a bunch of my friends and I vandalized the hell out of this property, and I was the only one to get caught. They got NOTHING from me.

cliffs notes: Me at 13 > 2p2 snitch at whatever age he is
Old 10-25-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are not under arrest by an officer, they can not detain you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. See Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1, 88 S. Ct. 1968 (1967).

http://www.soc.umn.edu/~samaha/cases...0v%20ohio.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Snitcher is not suspected of a crime. No Terry stop can be made.

See this site: http://www.flexyourrights.org/ for what to do when stopped by police.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:21 AM

alobar's right imo.

One of my best friends ratted me out (for smalltime crime) because he's just a big pussy and was scared from the cops even though they had nothing on him. Something like that can put me on lifetilt because I myself would use all possibilities to avoid ratting someone out.
It doesn't really matter if they had records and would have figured out eventually, you shouldn't have cooperated.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they could easily figure out who we were based on what time we sat and then move onto the names, addresses, and telephone numbers registered. yes, i could sit there and refuse to talk and try to leave but the results would have ended up the same only maybe 12-24 hours later and the charges would probably initially be much more severe due to pissed off cops.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, good thing you were there to save the cops all that work. Otherwise they might have have gotten really mad for about 2 seconds and then decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Aren't poker players supposed to know how NOT to turn to jello under pressure?