Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 04:31 AM

Default 4/8 Live hand - How do you play the turn?

I haven't been playing live limit as much as I used to, and I'm sure I've had a similar type thing happen before, but I thought I'd post for feedback and help. It might seem kinda straightforward, and I think I might just be posting to reinforce things in my head...

I am in LP with AQc and there are 2 limpers before me. I raised it and got one cold caller behind me, SB folded, BB called, and 2 limpers called. The flop was: A-4-8 rainbow

It was checked to me, I bet, cold-caller raises, and it's folded to me. I 3-bet it, and he caps. His cap worries me a little, and I start to wonder what sort of range I can put him on. 44 or 88 seem to make the most sense in terms of what he'd cold-call preflop for 8 at a typical 4/8 game (well, I guess almost anything can be cold called in a typical 4/8 game) and I considered A4/A8 as possibilities. I didn't think he'd cap something like AT-AK, although I really didn't know at this point.

The turn is a Q.

What do you do?
Old 09-10-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: 4/8 Live hand - How do you play the turn?

I wouldn't give him credit for more than a decent ace at this point. Either lead out all the way from here, or better yet, c/r this turn with your very strong hand. There are so very few hands that beat you here. You should collect at least 3 more BBs from this guy in the hand...
Old 09-10-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't give him credit for more than a decent ace at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people at this level cap pretty light.

CR the turn, if he 3bets it die, but not before calling down.

also, if he just calls your turn cr and your river bet and turns over 44 and says "I THOUGHT YOU HAD A SET OF QUEENS" Do your best to say absolutely nothing. It is very, very difficult.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:01 PM

You maybe have to many in the pot all them bets is going large and your flop bet gives odds, I think you made the pot to big for an over card hand and backdoor,by betting the flop.but now with 2pr you are in bigger trouble because if he does have 3k you don't know. It is easy in a small limit game to learn a players ways but in general if you don't have any idea then he has you beat to ccall and then cap flop with nothing is a tendency you should be able to pick up; so seeing you don't know that then check call or check down thus learning what this character does for next time. You cann't win every pot but you can direct yourself towards winning a higher persentage then you lose; Maybe start by asking your self if he doesn't have 3K would he play this way 9x in a row or would he change up any ,think back to anytime that he may have done the same thing but if you must win this one pot then make sure you don't cost your self more then you make.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:24 AM

Check raise, if you get 3 bet call down.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check raise, if you get 3 bet call down.[ QUOTE ]

This sounds right.